The Haul: June 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Some surprisingly good prices at a Ma & Pa pharmacy in the area I had to go to for unrelated items.

Not sure if I'll like the Bay Rum. When I got it home and popped the top, I was in for a shock. My only other BR experience is Ogallala BR & Sandalwood, which I love. Does anyone else feel like they're leaving the bar more than a bit tipsy when they wear this?:eatdrink047:

Maybe it will smell better on me?

Haven't worn Brut in many years. It was my daily deodorant until I literally developed some kind of allergy to something in it and would sneeze when using it. It was my Dad's favorite cologne & spray deodorant. So as an homage to him, I'm going to give it another try.

AS Old Spice 2.jpg
    Haul 20 6 18.jpg

2. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Today I got a 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech; the father of the Super Speed. 908688A3-0090-45F4-932E-97D87A3942FD.jpeg

3. brit

brit in a box

cool ranger Angelo..

stuartganis and Angelo85 like this.
  4. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I really like that hammered handle - very nice indeed.
    Steve

5. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Yesterday I received a package with 2 soaps ordered from Top of the Chain. One was a PAA exclusive - Albion of the North, and the other was The Explorer from Zingari Man. I could not resist the unique PAA soap, and never tried a product from Zingari. I had to see what all the buzz was about. I did the family sniff test and all 4 liked them both, but it was split down the middle for their favorite, so it would appear that I chose a couple of winners, especially since I like the scent off the puck for both. The PAA soap seemed to have a more complex scent that popped a bit when a little was rubbed on my wife's arm - the maple sweetness came out and was less hidden. Anyways, I'm excited to try them soon and I'm sure they will be enjoyed.
    Steve

IMG_7211.jpg
    IMG_7212.jpg

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

What is the handle on the rear razor?

brit likes this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Razorock Titanium Halo I believe. I think it came with one of my Mambas.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  8. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Nice haul, Steve! I like the razor patent too from Magnus Johanson (I had to look it up...).

Smooth Steve and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Steve.top of the chain are great to deal with and supply canadians with cool u.s. artian aftershaves without shipping issues..

Smooth Steve, jtspartan and Droo78 like this.
  10. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I'm back!!

I just started working at my local animal shelter's thrift store as the tech guy and fixer of all manly things. My job is to sit at a work bench, test, clean, price and stock all the traditional dude stuff (razors, electronics, sporting equipment, tools . . . ) So today I had 3 Gillette razors come across my bench. Well I removed the old blades and wiped them with just enough alcohol to see the date codes so I could identify and value them. After I had all the info for them researched and wrote down I was told we couldn't sell them because of potential health hazards. They told me to just throw them away!!! So I did, right into my lunch box.

Antique razors https://imgur.com/gallery/S114YwW

I've got a H3 slim adjustable, a superspeed from before date codes( and blade grabber notches) were a thing and a pretty rough fat handle tech with the triangle guard holes. I haven't had a chance to give them a spa day yet but, I am off Sunday.

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks.

12. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Today I got from WCS Gentleman’s Nod George & incentivize shave soaps and a packet of Astra Green blades. From Maggard I got MDC Rose shave soap. BB48D8EE-8855-4B34-8CD9-3784DF202AEF.jpeg

13. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Angelo..

Angelo85 likes this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Grizzly Bay brush handle and H&S Co PO76 17-4 razor.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. brit

brit in a box

awesome haul Jim..

jluc likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A few more cigars, Gillette Pocket Edition case with no guts and Power Stick After Shave Balm, mentholated, from Dollar Tree................

IMG_20200619_143531.jpg

17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Nice haul! I almost bought that Power Stick A/S the other day but I had run out of hands to carry the other items I don't really need... Let us know what you think of it.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

I haven't shaved yet, but I put some on my face. It has a nice overall feel to it, nice scent. Also my skin feels very soft and moisturized.

Jim99 and Droo78 like this.
  19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Next time I am at DT, I'll get some. I think I saw some Power Stick shave cream there too.

Smooth Steve, Jim99 and jimjo1031 like this.
  20. jimjo1031

Yeah, saw them also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.