The Haul: June 23 - June 29, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by mastermute, Jun 23, 2008.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Thanks, Jeff! Sadly the pics don't do the razors justice (reflections and such...). I've really got to get a lightbox...

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Supportin da Cause !

From the house of JoAnna..............

TSD goodies:
    TSD signature Scent shave cream
    TSD Avalanche Shave cream
    TSD Smoking Lounge Shave Cream and AS Splash
    Anherb AS Conditioner

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Nice!

Oh! And what have we here? :p

4. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Thank you Martin. A PAL Adjustable. Wonderful condition.

Attached Files:

5. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

cheap stuff

Picture 015.jpg

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Good haul!
    Looks like Dickinsons has made their bottle smaller, besides changing the label. I wonder if the price stayed the same.

7. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

This bottle is 16 ounces. I paid $4.69 at Rite-Aid Pharmacy for it. It's my first time purchase of Dickinson's Witch Hazel (or any Witch Hazel) so I don't know how much it normally goes for.

8. Hi All,
    Today I went to large flea market, in hopes of finding shaving related items. No luck at all with any decent items for sale, and there was very little to choose from anyway.
    Still..it was my lucky day, since I bought myself a bullwhip. You're probably thinking "What the hell?", and you'd be right......hehe. Yeah, it's kinda goofy I know, but here's some history that may help.
    When I was 11 or 12, I was in the Boy Scouts, and there was a monthly magazine published with all sorts of Scout info and 'humor'. Now.......on the back of this magazine you could usually find a very large advertisement for the bullwhip made by the famous 'Chief Drowning Bear' ( no, I'm not making this up........heh), There were various sizes, and I ended up buying an 8 or 10 footer I think. So, I learned to use on of those..........kinda. At first, I avoided serious injuries only because of dumb luck. Then, as I started pushing the envelope a bit, I did manage to do some damage at least a few times. Yeah, when that tip hits you, it definitely can leave a mark.......heh.
    Anyway, I got to be okay with it, and over the years have picked up a few. Hehe, matter of fact, I still have two now that I rarely ever use. I'll see whips for sale now, but always pass em up. They're almost always variations on the same theme, and they don't really interest me anymore. I have no need for another bullwhip, in other words. Yeah............right.
    This thing in front of me is NOT the normal whip I would walk past without a thought. This one is a custom job, and I wish to hell I could take some pics for y'all. I've seen and handled more than a few whips, and this one drew me to the table it sat on. The color was unusual enough to make me very curious. Plus, as it turned out, it had some options I didn't know even existed.
    This whip is a deep reddish/mahogany shade of very supple braided leather. It was probably oiled after finishing, plus the quality of the leather looks wonderful. Has some nice weight to it, and the braid is tight! No unraveling at all, which is good......hehe. Plus, it has a custom flat tip braided onto the end, with a notch to insert the poppers! That's what I call the 'string' that's attached to the very end, and what actually makes the sound. Oh jeeeeeez, not only that, the popper on it already was about a foot long, with tiny knots tied in it every 4 inches along or so. It was a special kinda string also.......braided and waxed. Hehe, usually, in the past, I'd just use whatever kinda twine or string I had laying around to suit that purpose. They disintegrate after a while because of the incredible stress they're under. As most of you know, it's the little popper breaking the sound barrier that causes that 'crack' of noise. Oh, I should mention this whip is just a bit over 12 feet long, popper tip to handle. Makes the actual whip size about 10 feet or so, which should be manageable. Gonna take a while to figure the length out, among other things.
    Oh........one more thing........this whip came with 5 extra unused poppers, threaded onto a metal ring. Crazy eh? And...........there was a custom leather band, which helped keep the whip coiled, and could be attached to a belt.
    Yes, I did try it, although I had to wait. I thought making loud 'gunshot like' noises in a crowded space could be too exciting for me that early in the morning. I found a nice empty lot a ways away, and gave it a shot.
    Long story short, I love this goofy thing. I'll need to practice a bit, but it was LOUD. Hmmmmmmmm, maybe it's time for a few new scars..........heh. I blame the Chief for starting me off on that 'hobby' so many years ago.
    Man, I hope that didn't bore the hell out of you poor readers,
    Martin

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Mine is 32 ozs. I think I paid about the same as you. The label on mine looks like this:

[​IMG]

10. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Klaus, those are great blades, bud! You do excellent work.

12. herzi

herzi Active Member

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy