The Haul: March 2013

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Neolithium, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I doubt member @ohpaos will respond. He hasn't logged into TSD since Nov 26, 2013. Folks come and go, some stick around.

mrchick likes this.
  2. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Do you happen to know if he ever posted anymore about that brush? I didn't really see anything else when I tried search his posts.

RyX likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

That was before I joined TSD, never had conversation with him. Might try the Search, but with Key Words to pick out that subject.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I found someone on ebay that restored one to 22mm, but I wouldn't go any larger. IMHO I've found not no appreciative return on larger knots much beyond 24mm

5. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Yup, tried that... Maybe he never completed it...

22mm is reasonable on this handle. But I'm after it to use for Mug lathering, and a 26-28mm knot would not really give much room to move in a mug.

The handle it's self is only 32.5mm wide at the top at best. Also it tapers significantly as you get past 10mm down. Here is a pic of it with the measuring portion of a caliper on top for reference. It's already been drilled out with a 7/8 bit (22.225mm), still gonna sand it up some... In my opinion anything larger that 24mm would thin the walls of the handle to much, especially with the taper.

IMG_20181013_155914_264.jpg

RyX and Enrico like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sanding out the hole will make the 22mm knot fit better. What's the depth of the hole?

Weasel640 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.