The Haul: March 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Wow! Very nice! I love the blue case!

2. Jrdelgado

Can’t wait to try it. Sanitized already! Will know soon!

3. brit

brit in a box

i have its brother.. s-l1600 (1).jpg

BigD, Missing Lynx, AGHisBBS and 8 others like this.
  4. Jrdelgado

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Brit, you lucky dog. I'm quite fascinated with the looks of that one. Let's see if gets a nomination in the 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

its on its way ..but my caseless new lc is a great shave..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

MAIL CALL!!!

I was going through my gear for March, separating out "aggressive" from "mild" razors, and it occurred to me, once again, that I am lacking one particular style razor in my den. I have the adjustables, I have the Gillette vintage NEW, Super Speed, Aristocrat and such as well as a few other odds and ends. But.....I've never acquired a slant razor. I've seen them used since day one around here and was always curious, yet never stopped to check one out. Well, that's an oversight that needed correcting. And so, let me introduce you to the newest razor in my den.

[​IMG]
    Isn't she an absolutely stunning beauty? That is a fairly nice leather case indeed. And how about that razor inside, eh? Oh, wait - you want to see it too? Ok, have it your way.

[​IMG]

Say hello to the Wunderbar from RazoRock/Italian Barber. Yes, not only did I finally buy a slant, I bought a Stainless Steel razor. The handle is also stainless with the deep knurl in it. They had a titanium option but were temporarily sold out plus I didn't like the style of that handle as much. Staying stainless top to bottom seemed more my style and I love the look and feel of the handle. As for the head?

[​IMG]

This thing looks pretty wicked and I'm eager to give it a go. Expect me to break out of the Mild March Madness long enough to give this thing a try in the next few days. If it shaves as good as it looks and feels I'll be on cloud nine. A slightly slanted cloud nine, but cloud nine nonetheless.

BigD, Tjebbe, Missing Lynx and 16 others like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

That’s a nice looking razor. Congrats

brit and NCoxSTL like this.
  9. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

A pair of arrivals from last week:
    IMG_0437.jpg

The handle on top is an English Fat Handle which has been replated in Rhodium by Chris Spencer at BackRoadsGold.

The bottom handle is an NOS US Fat Handle courtesy of a generous PIF from @BigMark83.

10. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Not quite NOS, but definitely mint.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, brit, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

322B4B30-2E88-40A1-8A16-5008F34CC29C.jpeg Just shipped from South Africa on Friday March 8th and arrived today!

1x Bundubeard Klipspringer’s Kick SS
    1x Bundubeard Kudu’s Kick SS
    1x Dave’s Homemade SS
    1x Dave’s Homemade ASB
    1x Prep ASB
    1x Fino ASB
    1x Minora blades

Now a little message to the sender:

Baie dankie Dave - jou is ‘n groot vriend!

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That looks suspiciously like a New LC.

13. Jrdelgado

I’m not 100 percent sure but I’m pretty sure it’s a short comb. Been wrong before. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thoughts?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Jrdelgado

What a great day! Got my Gillette #66 in today from @Jorvaljr and it is awesome! Can’t wait to try it out! Also went to an antique store while I was on lunch today and scored what I believe is a senator! I may need some professional eyes to tell me but I’m thinking Senator. Thoughts? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I’m glad you got it safely and that you like it. That is a senator.

16. Jrdelgado

Awesome! Gonna use the 66 tonight!

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

yep.................

18. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Another arrival from last week, a '48-'49 NDC Aristocrat:
    IMG_0445.jpg IMG_0446.jpg IMG_0447.jpg
    The seller's pictures had it looking pretty distressed, but it's actually in surprisingly good shape with just some loss of gold on the doors, safety bars, and end caps.

And a family photo with my other '48-'49, the Impoverished Patrician...
    IMG_0448.jpg

19. Jrdelgado

Very nice! I love mine!

20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

One of the joys of driving through small towns is finding the old Main Steet Antiques stores. I stopped at one today and found a few goodies for a great price.
    Now to identify a couple of the finds.
    I would appreciate any help you guys can provide on the large stone and the Spanish point razor. The large stone is 8x2x1 inches and smooth. I can’t read the makers mark on the Spanish point razor without magnification.
    The Amerco The Cushion Strop Hone us unusual as it has a leather hone glued to the backside. The Smith’s Washita is 4x2 inches.
    It was a good day[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.