The Haul: March 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tspierce78

tspierce78 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Follow up to my recent post here. Here is the haul 99% complete. I’m still waiting for my Murphy & McNeil Slainte set to ship out... But got plenty of face candy to enjoy for a while till it gets here. If you see anything you’re interested in swapping let me know. Keep in mind I’m more into Bay Rum, tallow based, seasoned artisans’, and great oddities / rarities soaps. Suggestions to look into are welcomed as well as I’m a novice still learning what all is or has been out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tspierce78

tspierce78 Active Member

Very nice! They look like a couple classic, stellar beauties! When were they made if I may ask? I’m guessing early 1900s.

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

They are very attractive razor and I'm going to enjoy this 2nd generation Everready Streamline. This fellow@ mdwolfie86 at B&B has a nice Streamline collection and give me the OK to use this stunning photo of the razors, the Gem Jewel Streamline is a rare razor but they do exist.[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves

jimjo1031, Primotenore, RyX and 11 others like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I didn’t know there were different types . I’m sure I have the one in the middle but I don’t see a notch on mine.
    5ED4AA90-2815-4990-93F8-3D58557160F5.jpeg
    1F8B7C8A-48C4-4FA2-B930-EDE9D186C475.jpeg

5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I received these two B&M soaps and a Maseto Shaving 30mm 2 band brush in the mail today.
    [​IMG]
    Im liking the scents of both soaps so far (sniff tests) and the brush (I purchased to rob the knot) is way nicer than the price suggested.

6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I scored these 47 soap samples (Bay auction). This should keep be busy for awhile.
    [​IMG]

Enrico, jimjo1031, jtspartan and 14 others like this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Scored this vintage butterscotch brush from the UK. Its destined for restoration once I decide on a knot.
    [​IMG]

Enrico, jimjo1031, jtspartan and 13 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Three packages today.
    I got this Gillette Techmatic Cartridge. SE from Gillette. I will try it out next week.
    [​IMG]

I got this from Maggards. GEM Blue Star blades, three synthetic knots, and two boars which I have already harvested.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, I got the soap samples for the Green Mountain Soap Pass Around across the street.
    [​IMG]

Enrico, jimjo1031, AGHisBBS and 15 others like this.
  9. Kraken98

Kraken98 Well-Known Member

Visited the thrift shop in town today. Picked up this big beautiful full brush that seems like new! No hairs falling out brush seems full as the day it was made![​IMG]
    If I didn’t know any better I’d say it was
    [​IMG]
    Wait no don’t look there! Ignore that picture![​IMG]well guess the jig is up! Seriously though I was looking for one of these ever since an old old post I can’t find anymore with a movie clip showed up on here and finally today I found one! It’s in really good condition too probably just put on a shelf for years. Fun and interesting little thing.[​IMG]

Hembree, brit, jimjo1031 and 11 others like this.
  10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I like the little guy! Looks like fun.

Hodge likes this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

My Everready streamline looks just like yours also with out the notch indent, looks like they had variances on that lid stop part on the second generation model. Looks like we learned something new about the Streamline small changes.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The techmatic gives a great shave.

Hembree and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Picked this up for $15 at an antique shop off the beaten path, for me at least. And filled the tank for $2.13/gal on the way back.

IMG_20190315_183134.jpg

Linuxguile, Hembree, RyX and 11 others like this.
  14. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

hmmph...haven't seen any gas under 2.50 in ages. Pretty bad when you start to think that is cheap. Right now, 2.56 and going up. Truck stops already at 2.69. Ahhh...the pleasures of living near the left coast.

Linuxguile, Hembree, brit and 6 others like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

One of the neighborhood Publix has about 10 of their store brand Trac II sets on clearance for $1.75. Next time I go in I'll ask a manager if they'll let me have the works for .75, since their clearance price is regular at Dollar General and very likely the same carts. They also have some store-brand Sensors, meh.

Hembree, RyX, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  16. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Beautiful Wade & Butcher. With that Royal Cypher “WR” I think you can date that blade to the King William IV reign of 1830-1837.

Linuxguile, Hembree, RyX and 4 others like this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Stopped in, asked an assistant manager who, I have to say up front, didn't strike me as too bright. Asked what discount I might get if I agreed to take all of them off their hands, since they're the same price on clearance as Dollar General's regular price.

"You mean Dollar General sells Publix brand razor blades?"

"No, I said these are the same ones that they sell. Made in Korea, rebranded for lots of stores."

"Well, they're already marked down. They can't be lowered anymore."

"Thanks for your time."

"Oh, you're not a problem."

Oh, I'm not? Good to know I'm not a problem. But just in case, I'll have to start shopping elsewhere just to make sure I'm not.

AGHisBBS, Hembree, RyX and 2 others like this.
  18. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I was sitting in the local Tractor Supply parking lot waiting on my son and wife when I was on the phone checking out the Shave Den and then I popped over to E-bay and seen this beauty listed.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    It had not been listed long because it was about the 2nd or 3rd item down after doing a search for "safety razors". The price was great & I had to pull the trigger. :happy088: It has B & C plates included. I did not need another razor but I could not turn this one down. I cannot wait to try this baby out!

AGHisBBS, Ron R, Linuxguile and 15 others like this.
  19. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Wow! I wasn't quite expecting that. Thank you.

AGHisBBS, Linuxguile, RyX and 4 others like this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

1932 MMOC with rare engraved cap. Regional or temporal variant I have no idea. Included blades are 1934 issue so the razor saw brief use

The Enders Speed in red dress is typically a post-war Shaver model, this one is a pre-war Razor model.[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.