The Haul: March 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I do my best to describe what's for sale. And honestly, I did forget to mention it was a '47 with the end caps missing in the description, entirely my fault.

2. brit

brit in a box

fine santal is awesome..nice haul Angelo..

Angelo85 likes this.
  3. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

brit likes this.
  4. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

No worries Jim & no fault to be had. I knew enough about the Aristocrats to figure that might be the case. I was really just wanting a "no notch" Aristocrat & now I have one. It's a nice razor & I like it. :)

5. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac Active Member

Mail call! NOS/Mint possibly? It definitely looks unused, complete with the unopened box of Gillette Super Blue's. G-4 (1961) Gift of the American Red Cross Gillette Tech Razor in a PRISTINE original box! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Aztecmike, RyX, gorgo2 and 9 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

cool tech set..looks unused..nice haul..

Scott_Mac likes this.
  7. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac Active Member

Thank you! And cheap too!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

dmshaver and brit like this.
  8. jimjo1031

I had to put up a bunch of stuff and I forgot. But glad you like it.

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received an order from WCS. I picked up a B&M Nordost soap & aftershave bundle and Yaqi Mocha Express 26mm badger brush. Although I haven't tried either yet, the scent of Nordost is amazingly fresh, and the Yaqi appears to be extremely solid. The handle is outstanding and the knot feels dense and soft. I am very pleased. As a bonus, they threw in a free gift of a B&B 10th anniversary boar brush and a Dr Jons Anne Bonny soap. The brush appears to be of great quality and looks. I also enjoy Dr Jons and I am very intrigued to lather it up and smell the released scent. Over all a very pleasing surprise and I can't waiting to start breaking these guys in. A spot of cheer during these difficult times!
    Steve

IMG_6921.jpg IMG_6922.jpg

Primotenore, RyX, gorgo2 and 6 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Steve..

Smooth Steve likes this.
  11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary.

brit likes this.
  12. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

British Flat Bottom arrived in today's mail...Hoping @brit can help me out identifying just what I might have here. :confused:
    20200318_171503~2.jpg 20200318_171358~2.jpg 20200318_171606~2.jpg

Primotenore, RyX, gorgo2 and 7 others like this.
  13. jimjo1031

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

that's a nice set.made in england .comes from the 7 oclock razor series..also came in the blue gillette tin as the french service set.my set had the same offset cap pins as yours.. 1930s French Service Set England.jpg

Primotenore, RyX, John Beeman and 5 others like this.
  15. jimjo1031

I almost picked this one until I noticed the pins and case were different.

brit and Aztecmike like this.
  16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Gary..I had a sneaking suspicion you would know what it was..:smiley respect:

RyX and brit like this.
  17. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

This photo refers to is as a Biased Twin I Pin..I wonder if there is a reason for the configuration..it is interesting though
    UK_Long_Combs.jpg

RyX, jtspartan, Smooth Steve and 2 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

as far as i know just a version.always updating..

Aztecmike likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike,i put forward info i have learned so far..there could be more info on these..:)

Aztecmike likes this.
  20. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Today I got in the mail a 1927-28 Gillette gold plated Tuckaway with the case and blade bank. Also I got an Opus 8 ball shave brush with synthetic knot along with a shave soap sample from N=GM2. The picture of the Gillette Tuckaway is after I gave it a good scrubbing with Dawn dish detergent and an old Toothbrush; then finished it off using a jewelers polishing cloth for final touches. 9E0864F4-139D-49E0-BCBF-043BEDEA158E.jpeg 98AB6A9A-1362-4355-9B4B-1F74CCE4AA12.jpeg

Primotenore, RyX, BigD and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.