The Haul: May 14th - May 20th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, May 14, 2012.

1. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Great gift!!! Oscar has turned some great brush handles and thats no exception, cant wait to see it finnished;)

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My goodness - a 25% pay cut? Are they crazy? :sick007:

burnout961 and Hanzo like this.
  3. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

'

Dude, that sucks! Am sorry to read this.

4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Now there's a real bummer, Brian!
    Are they out of their wits? :angry032: (had an other word in mind, but let's keep things decent :)). There should be a 'sympathise' button as well as the 'like' button...
    The haul on the other hand looks great!

5. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

It's part of the joyof working for the public sector here. Traditionally out of hours cover has been on call with a fixed payment. Shift work has always been an option for my employer however that would involve in our case ...employing another 12 staff. The policy was never implemented due to the cost. However in this time of 'austerity'.....they have decided to proceed with shift payment rates without taking on extra staff. Even if they do....it could take up to 2 years to train people to a level which would allow them to work in blood bank. We are expected to maintain the service for much lower pay. For example (not actual figures)..... If I receive an extra £100 for a 15 hour duty......I am expected to do the same work for £25. Over the year....this amounts to a 25% reduction in what we currently earn. But enough of that.....I have answered the question. I shall continue to build up my stocks while I still can!

6. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Just got my very first wet-shaving supply. Here it is (razors are so much smaller than I imagined—I never saw one in person before):

[​IMG]

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!"

...so uh, now what do I do? [​IMG]

Smoothy, TexasWheels, Asd and 9 others like this.
  7. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Take no prisoners!!!! That is a nice selection you have:signs021:

macaronus and Smott like this.
  8. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Today the mailman brought me something I've been waiting for
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Case is a little rough but the razor looks unused. I will clean/disinfect it tonight and tomorrow will be my first shave with an injector.

IAmTheJody, Smoothy, Asd and 7 others like this.
  9. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

From the picture I'd say that the amber one is an E and not a G. I can't see a seem on the bakelite. I believe the Gs all have a seem running down the very middle of the handle. Of course I could be way off on that, but my initial thought is you've picked up an E. Hopefully it's an E2; it certainly looks a lot like my E2.

10. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

My exact thoughts. Sometimes the lighting in the pictures make it hard to tell, but I think you are right. That is also my understanding about the seam and as I didn't see one.............. Come on E2!

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Today's haul from an quick trip into NYC and Pasteur's:

tub of Proraso Aloe & Green tea
    Hasslinger coconut puck
    St. John's lime bath soap

And for anyone in the area, they are now carrying a nice selection of the RazoRock line!

12. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

And enjoy a nice, orderly and uncluttered sink area while you can. Shaving gear multiplies faster than tribbles!

tomnat, burnout961 and macaronus like this.
  13. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

[​IMG]

That's what the Ikea Picture Ledge shelf is for, right? My counter is now empty...or ripe, depending on how you look at it. [​IMG]

Smoothy, Asd, tomnat and 4 others like this.
  14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Go Steve! Nice gear! :signs021:
    Just go slow and enjoy savour every second!

Smott likes this.
  15. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

I like the idea, I have a very small bathroom with even less counterspace and I have to share it with my wife and daughter.
    Yes, you guessed it, I loose, my stuff has to go somewhere else.
    Thanks for sharing the picture, its a great idea.

TexasWheels likes this.
  16. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

2 bottles of Musgo Real Classic After Shave! My Den's AS Rotation is now again complete!

17. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Fine looking haul. I want one even more now!!! I missed out on one last month, but scored a TYPE-A so shouldnt complain really.

Mechguy and americanshamrock like this.
  18. americanshamrock

I have no doubt that it is just a matter of time before you get one into your collection. And yes having scored a TYPE-A there is no complaining allowed ;).

alpla444 likes this.
  19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yeah I know, but that was the first type A I tried for and won, that was the 3rd 500 I missed out on. Is yours collection or is it in your rotation?

20. americanshamrock

Shaved with it this morning and liked it so much that it is definitely going into rotation. My philosophy it that the best way to appreciate tools such as these is to use them. In fact I didn't realize I wanted/needed an injector until I saw this auction with little time and a low bid. Not to mention how alluring I find this model. I was quite surprised when I won with what I consider such a low bid and it is due to this experience that I have no doubt that you will snag one at a fair price eventually.

Smoothy and richgem like this.