The Haul: May 14th - May 20th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, May 14, 2012.

1. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I won this rare I say rare as I have yet to see another set last year, it shaves great esp for the bargin price of £2.50 lol

2. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Very nice :drool:
    £2.50? :happy096: and I thought I did well :cool:.

3. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

My USPS update for this morning:

Expected Delivery By: May 17, 2012

For what, you may ask? My new TSD goodies! Pics tonight...

Smoothy and tomnat like this.
  4. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

For those interested, this is the Ikea Picture Ledge I used. It comes in white, black, and "birch" (natural). I see no reason why you couldn't have several of these hanging in a vertical row, basically creating an organized "shave shop" feel for your bathroom/nook. Counter space can be hard to come by, but we can always take the Manhattan approach to our acquisitions and overcrowding: build up!! [​IMG]

Mechguy likes this.
  5. blanka

And here we go... Haul from our very own TSD Store!

1) Count Chocula Shaving Soap - Holy cow, JoAnna, I want to put this in my cereal bowl tomorrow!

2) Root Beer Wheat Shaving Cream - And this smells so good that I want to pour it into a glass!

3) Almond Aftershave Milk with 2X Menthol - This ought to make for a very coooool shave tomorrow!
    2012-05-17 16.45.28.jpg

6. TexasWheels

TexasWheels Member

Made my first haul today unexpectedly when I ran across these two razors and the brush in a mug at a antique shop for a very low price. Now cleaning em up so I can have my first real shave...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Asd, alpla444, macaronus and 3 others like this.
  7. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, very helpful.

8. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

You sound like you have the munchies.:eatdrink020:

burnout961 likes this.
  9. blanka

Lol

10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or a really weird idea of what constitutes breakfast. ;)

burnout961 likes this.
  11. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Lol a really weird idea of what constitutes breakfast says the penguin,:p

burnout961 likes this.
  12. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Smott, very nice set-up, Congrats! :signs107: And I like you attitude towards the empty counter space... ;)

13. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

My haul today consisted of an email informing me that my F1-dated Fatboy has been cleaned, stripped and replated and will be shipped shortly! Excitement starts building up, can't wait to take that shiny razor for a spin!

Edit: Just now I also received a padded envelope, coming to me all the way from Bedford, VA ;). My 200 Voskhod blades have arrived from the TSD Shop, thank you, JoAnna!

Yet another Edit (over 2 hours later): Thanks to Scott's contagious feedback, I have just now pulled the trigger on a Merkur Futur. Let's see which adjustable gets here first, the Futur coming from the UK or the Fatboy from the US. I have a feeling it will be the former..

14. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Hit another estate sale (gotta stay away from them;)). Anyway here's the goodies;
    First
    feb2010 024.jpg
    Alas no soap

feb2010 026.jpg feb2010 016.jpg
    1912 Gem Junior
    feb2010 017.jpg feb2010 019.jpg
    Another 1912
    feb2010 021.jpg feb2010 022.jpg
    Looks like somebody left a blade in to long:)

Oh and this
    feb2010 015.jpg feb2010 014.jpg
    I hope $16 wasn't for this one
    I looked closer and found "pat 1912" on the bottom where the handles screw in on the first two. Any help on dates would be appreciated since Gem wasn't as kind as Gillette with date codes:D
    Like I said gotta stay away from estate sales. I think I've developed a subset of RAD, ESVRAD (Estate Sale Vintage Razor AD):happy093:

Attached Files:

Asd, alpla444, Mechguy and 3 others like this.
  15. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Ok here are the pictures of the two razors I won on Ebay earlier this week. I can't wait to get home and get them cleaned up. The first one is the I2 Hydro-Magic. The case is in pretty good condition except for the lid which has some cracking inside the plastic that looks like a spider web (you can see it in the first picture). It doesn't matter to me though as I am going to use this razor. The "key", I believe it's called, looks like it still has some blades in it. Would it be alright to try and use them? Would I clean the key with Scrubbing Bubbles to make sure they are clean? Or do you think they wouldn't be any good? And, is it possible to add blades to this particular key? The second razor is in fact an E2 - bakelite handle (no seam) with the spring that swivels to the left for cleaning. I wasn't sure what it was exactly from the Ebay listing photos, but I'm glad it's an E and not a G as I already have a G. Without further ado here are the pics.
    IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0337.jpg
    IMAG0338.jpg

Asd, alpla444, Mechguy and 2 others like this.
  16. awake2shave

first! :p IMG_0079.JPG

Smoothy, Asd, alpla444 and 2 others like this.
  17. awake2shave

Other stuff that I picked up in the wild this week.
    IMG_0080.JPG
    I am still a complete noob when it comes to injectors, if you know what model this is dont be afraid to speak up
    on the head it says schick saftey razor with a crown symbol just below ( no date codes says pat pending markings under head)
    IMG_0084.JPG A gilette ball tech no date code made in canada so pre 40's I beleave its an old head. As most of these models has cracked handel.
    IMG_0085.JPG Gem junior little tarneshed But will clean up nice
    IMG_0086.JPG The Pink welshi I won in a pif from Sara-S Thanks again hun wifey loves it
    IMG_0082.JPG The canadian made 30's injector I picked up from Mr. Carington

I can't wait to get the razors from the wild cleaned up and good to go. Will put up beter quality pics once I do.

Asd, alpla444, Mechguy and 2 others like this.
  18. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

It looks like an I1, similar to the I2 I just picked up from Ebay this week.

19. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Yes, I1 is what popped into my head first too.

Smoothy likes this.
  20. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Made an unplanned trip to an antique store & picked these up...

[​IMG]

Vintage Williams Menthol -- unused in paper wrapping -- $5.50
    Valet Auto Strop blades -- $3
    Valet Auto Strop strop -- $14

Asd, alpla444, Mechguy and 4 others like this.