The Haul: May 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

@RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

How are the Lapas and Sputniks? What would you compare them to?

NCoxSTL likes this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Both very good blades. The Sputniks are close to a Voskhod. Maybe not quite as smooth for me but otherwise very similar. I would compare Ladas to Kai. Very smooth, sharp and a great stainless blade.

trey06dmd likes this.
  4. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

I feel like the Sputnik are slightly less smooth than the Voskhod, but also slightly sharper. I haven't used Ladas enough to judge them properly yet.

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ladas are in my top five of any blade I've ever tried.

RaZorBurn123 and trey06dmd like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

@HammeredThor I'd say Chiseled Faced Cryogen smells more like Vicks, you can smell the menthol with the lid closed. Right now Chiseled Face has Cryogen for $7.99, he make a mistake in the batch it turned out as a croap.

Omelmad likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A rather humble mail call - a 250ml bottle of Arko Platinum cologne/aftershave.

This was a 'filler' item I added (it was $4) to get to free shipping and didn't have high expectations for it even though I love the Arko soap sticks.

Having said that - I applied some this morning as a cologne more than an aftershave and I was very pleasantly surprised. There is a strong alcohol presence but after a few seconds you get a really nice, light, fresh summery scent.

I applied it about 3 hours ago and I can still sense it. Very nice and will see how it works as an aftershave.

[​IMG]

Recklesstr, NCoxSTL, Cap7597 and 5 others like this.
  8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

is this new? I have never seen Platinum before. I love the Arko Stick and Cream so this just might make it to my list.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I actually don't know if it's a new or old offering.
    I bought it from here.

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

thanks. oh man I wish I would have waited. I just ordered 2 things from there and I couldn't find more stuff to make the $35 free shipping deal.

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Maybe it hasn't shipped yet so you can cancel, re-order and add this? :)

12. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That looks interesting as hell!

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

May I ask which shop in Spain you got this from? Living in Europe I'm always on the lookout for good suppliers in Europe.

14. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

You guys find stuff that's way too cool and of which I haven't heard. That being said the guy in the picture with the umbrella kind of just fell into my lap and my Omega Hi-Brush came in the mail today. My new "Man Bag" came UPS. The mango fell from the tree. IMG_20150513_192742.jpg

ObiDon, NCoxSTL, Cap7597 and 5 others like this.
  15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

16. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Purse with attitude

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A murse.

BigMark and Dzia Dzia like this.
  18. Dzia Dzia

What you don't have a "Murse?" You've had to see them at Disney World.

19. Dzia Dzia

Actually I chose it with my reward points from work. The picture looked bigger and I was sorely disappointed when it arrived today. PPG had under the "Men's Bags" section. Maybe I'll take more photos and PIF it to one of our female members.

20. Dzia Dzia

I reposted the photo in the general forum for anyone wanting to participate in...

Help needed naming this Guy!!!