The Haul: May 5th - 11th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, May 5, 2008.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I need to get one of those georgetown scuttles!

2. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

That is what I thought to myself before I ended up making the phone call to place an order on mine.(I found the lead time to be rather quick 2 weeks instead of the quoted 3 weeks.) It is my first scuttle myself and I hope I get to use it tomorrow. :D

3. JayKay

I cant find their website. How much are the new ones going for? I dont have a scuttle but I just cant find an easy way to keep my lather warm on my very limited counter space.

4. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Thanks. They were unexpected finds. Now I have to scour for any loose change so I can buy the two DMT stones I want. I'd hate to have to sell one to fund the purchase.

5. JayKay

I'm assuming they're an unexpected find on the internet because I went scouring rockland and the only place I found with razors were a couple antique shops in the antique mall in nyack. Probably have to travel a bit upstate to find the good shops.

6. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Here are two more I'm going to get this weekend. The top one is NOS and the bottom was very lightly used. :ashamed001 :D

EDIT: They were both lightly used.

Attached Files:

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Robert!

Nice hauls, everyone!

8. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

A lot of online digging and some unexpected but appreciated success. :)

9. JayKay

Ahh. Always seems the good way to go about it. I think I'll be back in rockland for a few weeks when I finish finals. Maybe we'll get together and take a trip searching for razors.

10. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Very nice. I might be in Venezuela though. I have family down there so I'm thinking of visiting. Our summer is their "winter" (80-degree winters since Venezuela is on the equator) so tickets are pretty cheap.

11. JayKay

Nice. Well my finals start on the 15th so I should be home in another week or so after that. So I'll be home in a few weeks at most. We'll see if we can manage to catch each other.

12. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Good luck!

13. JayKay

Thanks!

14. freebird

freebird Active Member

Actually, I did check with IP, but so far no response...the title of my post may have trhew them off somewhat.....it was "Its dead Jim" lol.

MM did call me back late yesterday, and are sending me a replacement pump to use for 90 days after which I'll either have to buy a new one or go to injections.

I also spoke to Disetronic and they said they may be able to put me in a pump for nada. At least I have 90 days to explore that option. So things aren't quite as grim as they seemed yesterday at this time.

15. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

A few cheapies for me to play with -
    Griffon Cutlery, International Cutlery Practice razor from my barber, MAB mini and my disappointment a Geo W. Korn American Double Hollow with a "small" chip. :(

[​IMG]

16. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

That chip looks easy to take out with a belt sander, so don't be too alarmed. After a few hours on the hone it'll slice your whiskers as butter! :D

Very sweet haul, btw! The MAB Mini looks interesting, looking forward to a close up!

17. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

About as close as I can get. :o Has a keen edge, shows some marks from honing but no chips.
    Total Length 4", Blade 2 3/8".
    You realize it's all everyone's fault that I got interested. I'm gonna be full of questions for the next few years. :D

[​IMG]

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow!!

Great hauls fellas, some very nice straights there guys :drool :drool

That scuttle looks great too :drool :D

19. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

May 8th Haul

The mail man dropped off the following today from Ogallala:

Creamy Bay Rum & Sandalwood Soap
    Bay Rum Cologne
    Shave Soap sample pack(Bay Rum, Bay Rum Lemon Grass, Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorns, Bay Rum Sage & Cedar, Bay Rum & Sandalwood)
    Extra Samples:
    Bay Rum aftershave
    Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns aftershave
    Bay Rum & Sandalwood aftershave

And while out this evening I picked up the following

Art of Shaving Sandalwood Shave Creme.

I recon that I am on a bit of a sandalwood kick.

[​IMG]

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

nice haul, Tad--enjoy! :1respect