The Haul: May 5th - 11th, 2008

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, May 5, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I bought this razor off ebay, because from this, the one picture available, it looked like a fatboy in a slim case. Took a bit of a gamble. I had a broken fatboy in a case, and several slims with no case. So this could make 2 sets. Another interesting note, listed on ebay as "schick super chromium in case" I found it while looking for a lady injector.
    [​IMG]
    The gamble paid off. :D
    [​IMG]

2. freebird

freebird Active Member

The reason I had to sell my fat boys:

A Robeson Premier 11/16, 35.00 bin, 5.00 shipping.

robeson premier.jpg robeson premier2.jpg robeson premier3.jpg

robeson premeir4.jpg robeson premier 5.jpg robeson premier 6.jpg

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

20 Years of Waiting - Motorcycle

After 20 years of waiting and dreaming, I finally broke down and bought a motorcycle. The deciding factor was the recent huge upswing of gas prices with no end in sight. The money I'll save in gas pays for the bike and then some. It will be delivered to the house today since I just got my permit and I need to practice, practice, practice. So here it is.

2005 Yamaha V Star 1100cc Silverado Light Metallic Gray/Green with Black and Chrome Accents and Custom Leather. It has 2000 miles on it. Price = $7,500 including tax and license.

[​IMG]

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, I don't know much about bikes, but I gotta say, that's one helluva bike, Rich! :: :: ::

And very nice hauls, everybody!

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Got me a couple of hundred IPs..

Attached Files:

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Nice bike, Wilbur !!

Dont blame me !
    I aint never going Straight :eek:

I got nuttin else to add to this thread :(

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    OK. maybe one thing:
    Wish list for me

[​IMG]

2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter 800
    ..............................................not sure they even make them anymore

7. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Ok, almost everyone. :rolleyes:

Nice bike Rich! Congrats!

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Great hauls fellas!! Great looking bike Rich :D.....I too have been thinking about another form of transportation that will be more cost effective with my commute........

...I fear $4.00+ a gallon will be here in no time....and just think it there is a hurricane or something this summer that shuts down production in the Gulf of Mexico :eek::eek::eek:

Nice coticule Klaus! :cool:

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Thanks. Dang, that thing was expensive, the bigger ones (200x75mm) are quite rare and set you back a wee bit. :ashamed001
    But I had to get one, the prices are going nowhere but up ;)

11. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

in my mailbox yesterday a vintage Merkur travel razor:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

click the images for larger view. These pictures were actually from before cleaning! It shined up spotless. Quite pleased. Came to me for under $9 shipped. It is only marked "Germany" on the razor, and "Made in Germany" on the case, but I have seen many of these before marked Merkur or Hoffritz (both made by Merkur). Anyone have an idea on date, or why only the Germany stamp?

12. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Nice haul Rodd! I've never seen the merkur travel razor but I like it. It looks to be a bit more sturdy than the Gillette travel razors I see all over the price. Its clean and nifty.

Oh, and nice bikes everybody!

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks Jay, The handle comes in two as pictured, then the smaller part fits inside the larger part. I have some Gillette travel razors, but I did not like the length of the handle, this one solves that. You can see the ones they still make here. They are 100% identical except that the case has been replaced with a pouch. There is also a closed comb available.

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Very cool razor at a great price, Rodd!

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Mighty fine haul, Lee, you can never go wrong with some smokes and shaving stuff :D :drool

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

Nice razor Rodd! :cool:

Sweet B-Day haul there Lee!, all those great cigars and TSD soaps......that strop looks really nice. Nice Dovo too:)

Party at Lee's house :D

What model number strop is that?

17. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I'll bring the wine :eatdrink047

18. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Got me some good stuff from Connaught Shaving today..

Attached Files:

19. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

This stuff I got from Giovanni (Barbieria Italiana) a while ago.. Just been to lazy to put pics up :ashamed001 Both the Arko soap and the little bottle of astringent is bonus ! :D

Attached Files: