The Haul: November 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Just scored some vintage blades...English Gillette Platinums, English Wilkinson Swords, Schick Krona Chrome (later version than the original, I think)...and some Schick 2002 twin double edge blades (an unopened 4-blade dispenser & a partial with two blades left). A gimmick, I thought, to compete with the Trac II & twin injectors. Thought I'd give it a try in my Krona (a Schick in a Schick, of course).

[​IMG]

Amazing. Very smooth shave in the mild Krona, and no clogging. It's a stiff blade, of course, but I noticed no difference when tightening down the doors. If I can find some more, I'm gettin' 'em.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Just in:

Christmas Gift and letter from @Drygulch!

[​IMG]

Thank you, Adam, very much, for your note. I will give this excellently scented soap a spin tomorrow to kick off Decadent December!

3. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I have some of these aftershaves on the way as well, i took advantage of their deal and purchased 3 bottles for a total of $15.37 .. So, how is it?

jimjo1031, TestDepth, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Today I got in a big box of Maggard knots and 2 soaps. Happy to try out a new knot. Through the blondie in the freshly restored Rubberset.... I think I like it!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I also received a surprise from the incredibly generous Adam @Drygulch
    This soap smells nice. I look forward to trying it out. Thank you Adam![​IMG]

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Big haul from Stirling!

IMG_2013.JPG
    Rosemary Mint shampoo bar, Coconut Lime aftershave, Glacial Unscented balm, four aftershave sample (Stirling Gentleman, Ozark Mountain, Scots Pine, and Eucalyptus Mint), Scots Pine Sheet soap sample, Stirling Gentleman soap sample, and a free sample of Amber Musk bath soap. Excited about all of this!

And, an unexpected and generous gift from Adam, @Drygulch, of some Jeeves of Hudson Street Bay Rum shaving soap. Really nice scent! Looking forward to trying this out very soon.

IMG_2012.JPG

RyX, Linuxguile, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  7. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

Yellow Lake Hone On its way from the UK. Can not wait to try it out .
    yellowlake.jpg

Enrico, RyX, Linuxguile and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.