The Haul: November 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Awesome thank you for posting this review. It sounds like a decent razor. Its funny how a cheap $10 razor has become my favorite by far lol. Have also been eyeing the RR DE1 (another inexpensive razor) have really been enjoying the mild shaves with the Wilkinson Classic and looking for something that shaves similar.

2. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

You can never have too much Williams on hand. Picked these up at local independent grocer, and the Wilkinson Sword blades are the ones I like. The regular ones, NOT the Gillette branded ones.

Attached Files:

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well I drove 3 hour to pick up a vintage Sony STR 6040 for a ridiculously low price ....
    5933b08ce89a220044f8f1db.jpg
    not my pic.

While I was there he threw in this for $5 more ...
    maxresdefault-3.jpg
    not my pic.

a Garrard synchro Lab 75

:happy088::happy093::happy108:

4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol hmmm.. I have one puck and feel it’s one puck to many.

5. ordinaryshaver

I'm a card carrying member of the Williams fan club! If you decide you don't want it, I can find a good home for it.

SHAVEWIZARD420, brit, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Also, FYI Kevy saying the new Wilkinson Sword head looks exactly the same as the vintage Gillette Slim Twist

Jayaruh, SHAVEWIZARD420, brit and 3 others like this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

IIRC, the consensus over on B&B is that the razor is a Weishi OEM and that what appears to be the same razor can be found on AliExpress.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Do you have Fred's Pharmacy in Arkansas? Those stores have Williams for $1. They're scattered throughout Alabama. They also have the VDH box sets with the blue dish, boar brush and soap for $10 as well as some classic drug store aftershaves.

brit, Linuxguile and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I predict 50 or 100 years from now those blue outside - green inside bowls will be the new Old Spice mugs. I've got one still loaded with VDH soap way in the back of my cabinet.

AGHisBBS, brit, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

nice.................

Jrdelgado and Enrico like this.
  11. ordinaryshaver

Sweet! Gonna check it out!

RyX likes this.
  12. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

4 more bottles of TSD Bourbon & Vanilla! I will probably be ordering more in the next week or so before the store closes down.
    IMG_0179.jpg

13. dmshaver

I'm posting in multiple threads because I think there is a size limit on images per post.
    Next are the items I got at the Kansas City meet-up this past weekend. Traded for a vintage glass Aqua Velva 1776 bottle, Old Spice mug, & a Big Bruce brush. Won a bottle of Chatillion Lux AS. Also got samples of DG & T&S soaps.

Then the other pic is what was in the goodie bag for everyone that attended. Lots of vendor samples!

THe meet-up was a lot of fun. We're going to start trying to have 2 per year, Fall & Spring, moving it around the KC area & mid-Missouri to let as many as possible attend. We had one gentleman that drove 5 hours to attend, from Hays, Kansas!

IMG_0176.jpg IMG_0177.jpg

Keithmax, Jayaruh, Jrdelgado and 15 others like this.
  14. dmshaver

Well, when it rains... Here's some soaps I'm anxious to try.
    IMG_0180.jpg

15. Jorvaljr

[​IMG]
    The streamline set just Arrived from England And Hot damn this set is awesome! 5 sealed blades and the one that is missing is in the razor. The Strop is new and unused and not dried out. I say the razor was used maybe once or twice and put back.

16. dmshaver

I check Craigslist a couple of times a week, never expecting to find anything, but I check anyway. I found a listing a couple of weeks ago & I responded to it but didn't hear back. It said to text or call, so I texted, then called a couple of days later & left a message. Same thing a few days later, text & call, no reply. But Sunday, as I'm walking into church I get a text just saying "it's still available", that's all. I text back & we make arrangements to meet. It was better than expected. I met an older woman who said it belonged to her mom, but she doesn't think she even used it. She had used it, a blade was still in it, a Super Blue. But she either didn't use it much, or she took very good care of it. The original owners manual is still with it, & the case is in great shape! The razor is in pristine condition, no scratches, no brassing, it looks like I just bought it from the drugstore. Date code G3, & the Super Blue blade is also G3. It took almost two weeks, but I'm very happy I persisted. And I'm out just one Andrew Jackson.
    IMG_0182.jpg IMG_0183.jpg IMG_0184.jpg

17. Jorvaljr

What a great buy! Congrats

18. brit

brit in a box

very cool..lots of cool stuff in england..people stash stuff away for decades..

19. brit

brit in a box

great score,finds like that in the wild are the best. like buying a cool hot rod from its original owner , not a car lot...

Screwtape, Jrdelgado, RyX and 2 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Passed by an Estate sale so I popped in to see if I was too late for the goodies. Someone beat me to the straight razors and brushes, but I did find some Shulton AS & Cologne at $1 per bottle.
    Shulton cologne and AS leather.gif

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh, Jrdelgado and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.