The Haul: November 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by jimjo1031, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Andrew.scent is like a mild version of razorock xxx aftershave..:)

Droo78 likes this.
  3. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

There's definitely something more in there other than their stated "moss and sandalwood" scent notes. It almost has a 4711 vibe to it, but still distinctly different.

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i agree.scent doesn't last very long as well, but that is normal for citrus scents..:)..nice feeling stuff.happy to have it..:)

Droo78 likes this.
  5. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Friday mail call is Hai Karate Oriental Spice aftershave and cologne. The bottles seem mostly full; does anyone have any idea when they packaged Hai Karate in the black plastic containers? 71112A36-3563-44F4-820C-9AB9DCB8D3F4.jpeg

jluc, Hembree, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Angelo.i have only seen the older? glass ones from the late 70s/80s..:cool:

Hembree and Angelo85 like this.
  7. Angelo85

Just got 3 Fine Accoutrements shave soaps from West Coast Shaving today. 5CA091C0-EE52-451D-8411-0F9DDA0CD06F.jpeg

ischiapp, Edison Carter, jluc and 4 others like this.
  8. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Received a couple of items this past week. I never used Murphy & McNeil before, but I can say everything has been top notch so far. I ordered these on Friday and they were delivered Tuesday! Shipping was included in price and everything was packaged nicely.

The scent of the puck is great and the artwork looks amazing. Even the classy frosted finish of the AS bottle and leather like wrap on the cap are all nice touches. I can't wait to try this set.
    Steve

IMG_8081.jpg
    IMG_8082.jpg

ischiapp, Edison Carter, jluc and 4 others like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thrift Store find, 50% off Saturdays. Gevalia coffee maker with insulated pot, brand new, $3.00.............

111111111.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  10. jimjo1031

After getting this mismatched set, the razor is as I was hoping. The razor is a Gillette Featherweight Tech (all aluminum). The case, I'm not exactly sure, but it has all of the looks of a Hoffritz razor case, minus logo. Also included is this razor blade pendant.................

IMG_20201123_150051_3.jpg

11. brit

brit in a box

cool score Jim..love that tech handle..:cool:

Hembree and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. jimjo1031

Thank you Gary. It was the handle that drew my attention to the listing. And made me look at @mr-razor's site to hopefully confirm it.

Droo78, Hembree and brit like this.
  13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Latest from Maggards. Some Stirling soap and a Captain's Choice copper shave bowl. Interesting that the Eucalyptus Mint has no menthol but it's quite cooling anyway.[​IMG]

Herm

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome scores Herm.i love my cc shave bowl..:cool:

Hembree and Herm2502 like this.
  15. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks. I had a ceramic one but I'm clumsy and it broke...

Herm

16. brit

brit in a box

i bought the copper one for that very reason..;)

17. Angelo85

Today I got the left hand decanter of Skin Bracer courtesy of @John Beeman. Thank you very much John for this decanter; it’s truly appreciated. 5C09F6B2-0A2D-4F06-BD80-12A91E257719.jpeg

18. jimjo1031

Another mismatched set. WW II Gillette Tech with Bakelite handle and Clix case.................
    s-l1600 (6).jpg

19. brit

brit in a box

very cool...nice score:cool:.will acquire one at some point..want to find a mint set when possible..:)

MrEE and jimjo1031 like this.
  20. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I believe the correct thank you is “Thanks, I needed that”