The Haul: October 1st -- October 7th, 2007

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Smedley, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

If the weather isn’t crappy tomorrow, I’ll pop over to the tobacconist.

I’m actually hesitating between three lighters. The first is a Dunhill Sport, but given its price it’s out of question (around $350~400). Then there’s a Dupont Xtend which I find more appealing than their classical models. Finally, there’s a Porsche that is really tempting. See pics below:

Attached Files:

2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

oh man what a Guy

I didnt shoot a photo of the small note accomp. the box.. :love055

Man Boubi to tell you honestly these are more birthday gifts then I ever got since the last 10 years and I bet its even 15 years .
    Thanks man ill have some grandeur Shaves the TSD stuff Smells Royal superdeluxe stuff I wonder how it lathers.. great packing too light plastic so shipping costs are reduced and big enough to swirl the brush great thoughts went into these ... Whats up with the mini Floid creams ? that looks weird samples ? finally Merkur Blades waited 1+ year to finally try Merkur blades but Wait what are these ? are these Callus blades ? :rofl HELP !!!! :confused:
    Should I send them back to you Boubi ? I have no clue what to do with these mini triangle blades no wonder you been cutting yaself if you tried to load these up into safety razors ? :rofl

Oh Lavendor..great fav. of mine love the smell and always a good shave way under rated cream lathers like a no brainer.....

Attached Files:

3. Will

Will Nevermind

79 cent bic. ;)

4. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

For moustache razor, obviously:

Attached Files:

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Rene,
    Those are blades for the upper lip. They go in a moustache razor.

6. SSLSTudio...

Why ? If I only have a Merkur Vision ok perhaps id need this one the Vision is large under the nose.. no thank Ill keep my lip as is...

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what can I say, Boubi! Enjoy the goodies, and watch your step with those Merkurs! I never realized you like Lavendor so much, I know it's still pretty popular in Israel. I should tell my aunt and uncle to send me a few more. I won't use them, but I could send them to you, because this way, they'll be put to good use. The Floid cream's good, daddy used it many years ago, but the tubes back then were bigger!

8. SSLSTudio...

Are you like kidding me bro ! I tried to squeeze something out of the floid and nothing came out and the tube had a half empty pressed look , I think ill must talk to floid and hit them on their head...we are not all Oompa-Loompas here ! :confused:

9. crackstar

what???????????? are you serious?? The Floid cream is not new stuff, it was around before I was even born.

10. Smedley

Smedley New Member

75 or so old stock Feather blades
    GEM Minuteman
    50 Ted Pella GEM blades

I think I will be shaving well for a while. :: The Minuteman is more for sitting around and looking purty than shaving with, I have some GEMs that I got tossed in eBoy lots for that purpose.

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

The Gold Progress came in. I need to take pictures of this. It's georgous.

12. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

It was a good week.

Attached Files:

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sweet haul Jim :D

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

nice pickups jim :)

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Now that's some excellent hauls there, gents! ::

Today I got myself a new Loden (or Hubertus) coat for the winter, a jar of Colman's mustard, 4 bottles o' Kilkenny's, 4 bottles o' Guinness extra stout and a bar of fair-trade chocolate.
    And I also ordered a Pelikan M150 fountain-pen :D

16. crackstar

I'm getting soooooo anxious for my Musgo Real haul to arrive. I also have another haul consisting of some stuff from Italy. Oh, boy, oh boy, I'm drooling like a hungry MUTT!!!!!

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

wwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Rich, thats one helluva haul. Hope you enjoy the Lucky Tiger stuff and the aftershaves ::

There's quite a few aftershaves in that lot I haven't tried, and I'm eagerly looking forward to your comments ;)

18. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

A little Saturday trip to TJ Maxx with the lovely wife. Clearance!
    Olive Oil Soap from Italy, two pair of Sterling cufflinks and a stainless bowl which I'm told is for cotton balls in the bathroom but a refill of Crabtree and Evelyn fit right in with a nudge. Total $10.73! :D
    [vbpg]766[/vbpg]

19. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Nice stuff! It's getting really hard to keep up with the Jone's around here...:sad027

20. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I've been in his shop a few times. Nice stuff, and great people. Only about 15 miles from where my in-laws live. Got a free sample or two of pipe tobacco when last I was there. And a coupla CAO Italia cigars. I only have one JM Boswell pipe, though. I gotta work on that!

Lyrt, nice tamper, BTW!! :drool