The Haul: October 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Gotcha. It's my horrible photography skills, I just figured out how to brighten pictures on my cellphone. I agree with you, sometimes a little sent or scratch isn't worth getting worked up over. I absolutely love the A baseplate. I rank it up with my Weber PH.

BigMark83 likes this.
  2. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I would like a nice straight Weber. To bad they don't produce full razors anymore.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

This grill is right up my alley, tabletop and with a thermometer. WOWSER. I need to look into a better grill. :pot:

PanChango likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

I have one that's perfect, yeah I'm surprised that Weber hasn't gotten back into the mix.

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I believe an Eversharp type E2
    IMG_0818.JPG IMG_0819.JPG

Pat no. 1806087

I tried one in the past and thought it gave a terrible shave, but looking back might have been bad blades (Personnas). So I'm picking up a pack of Schick injector blades and try it again. I specifically looked for this one, so I could fully open it.

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I didn't think an E2 opened up (maybe the very early ones did), I think it may be an E1

Keithmax likes this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

E1's have a different shape spring (square). Early E2's do open but I've no idea as to how common they are.

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

E1
    [​IMG]

E2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure how rare they are, but finding the ones that's suppose to open wasn't real easy. Some people modify or force them to open. :angry019:

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I got really lucky on that one. It was a Craigs List find. All in with the accessories and table it would retail close to $2k. This guy bought in 2009 and is moving from near Philly to Phoenix and did not want to pack it cross country. I paid $300 and had to do a few hours of cleaning and get a couple parts for it. The main thing about buying a ceramic grill, is the warranty which is normally only valid for the original purchaser. Fireboxes break and could end up costing a bit to replace. If taken care of, they can last a lifetime. I still have an Imperial Kamado that was given as a wedding gift to my parents in 1961.

10. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Picked this Gillette Adjustable J2 (1964) today at an antique store :

IMG_1270.JPG

11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Received some more good stuff in the mail today. I wanted to pick up a couple of scratch & dent scuttles for me and my son and filled to cart with some new product to get free shipping:
    - Crown King Captain Smythe's Reserve Oak Barrel Aged Bay Rum & Leather Aftershave/Cologne
    - Crown King Porthos Aftershave
    - Phoenix Shaving CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
    - Crown King Black Porcelain Scuttle (My son picked the white one)
    IMG_7234.jpg
    IMG_7235.jpg
    IMG_7238.jpg

12. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

These arrived today![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend the AC type blades made by Schick- Schick Proline B-20. They calm the E2 down and shave really well.

14. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Gillette retail box with NOS blades. Sample of one pack shows blade date code of #2501 which denotes manufactured in the 7th week of 1925.

IMG_4460.JPG
    IMG_4466 (1).JPG

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Where can they be purchased?

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I saw they went for 50 cent per 5 blades thats ~ $7 now days ... ouch!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    FaceScraper, Keithmax and Jorvaljr like this.
  17. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

That is a cool find!

18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

They have to be obtained from a site called Rakuten global- Japanese site.
    1. You need to become a member-very easy
    2 Search for Chic babies B-20
    Be careful and ensure you specify Small Packet Delivery not EMS which is expensive.
    Best buy a couple of boxes and avoid customs [ if in UK anyway ]

jimjo1031 and Enrico like this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A new home for my Gillette Aristocrat, thanks to @Jorvaljr. And an early birthday present from my GF, Tabac shave soap..........

20171006_143352_preview.jpg

20. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

A few additions

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.