The Haul: September 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

PLANofMAN likes this.
  2. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Technically speaking; Thanks for technicality! Now I can impress my family & friends, even MORE! :happy036:But, it'll look good though; right next to all the other Gillette's with the "Flared" tips," eh? Aren't the 'Flair Tips' considered "Super-Speeds?" Guess E-bay's getting me all 'messed-up' by advertising them as 'Super-Speed's,' too? :signs002: Hmmmm...., and then there's this, too?:angry017:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Oh right, the 1970s era flare tip, the last one. I always forget that.

Fred Hill likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    There's the regular 50's style flare tip
    The '58 TV special, the light (blue tip), heavy (red tip), black handle, and 60's style flare tip (lower head profile and no ring on the TTO knob, introduced in '67, I think).

That covers the flare tips. There are more super speed varients without flare tips, especially if you also add in the French Gillette Parats and the English Gillette Rockets.

Fred Hill likes this.
  5. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

And it took me Sooh L-ong to get used to thinking ACRIMONIOUSLY; like "TTO;" "DE;" "SE;" etc.. etc....:happy102:

PLANofMAN and mrchick like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Ok, I will!

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The MLS milk is awesome stuff. The soap has great performance as well. Enjoy!

RaZorBurn123 and theFAT98 like this.
  8. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

That aftershave milk is something special. Very impressed

RaZorBurn123 and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

same here. I have the Kraken milk and its awesome. Pretty good ingredient list as well.

RaZorBurn123 and theFAT98 like this.
  10. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I used coco maya last night and my wife said its the best scent i have.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This is not my haul but I think it will interest you guys. I'm at a business meeting where a guy that knows I collect razors dropped this in front of me this morning. He collects tools and found this for a dollar at an estate sale this week. He bought it and found some Feather blades and is learning to use it. I gave him some pointers and welcomed him to the fold. It was all I could do not to try and buy it from him
    [​IMG]

12. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I can't find a TTO OC on the internet and someone drops one in front of you he got for a buck. I would been doing some wheeling and dealing, after I stopped salivating. Guess I'll just whine...
    wine-3.GIF

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It's not a TTO. It's a New Improved, probably a Bostonian. I still had a hard time resisting.

14. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I stand corrected but it's still one Beauty of a razor.

mrchick likes this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

That's good it passed the wife test. Gotta keep the wife happy.

theFAT98 likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Who delivered yours? Swiss? And once it hit the US was it USPS? Thanks in advance.

17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

It was delivered by USPS. I believe it originated with the Spanish postal service, whatever that's called. I was required to sign for the package. Thankfully I was at home when it arrived.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks!

cmorris357 likes this.
  19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    When I see that the thread is in the 'newbie' section, I either spell it out or do this: TTO (twist-to-open)...

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I had a great SOTD with an OC TTO today - a DE. It wasn't NIB but NOS and in EUC.
    Didn't use any PSO but had a nice, long WWR that helped softening the grains.
    WTG, ATG and XTG resulted in maybe not a BBS but still a DFS. Used a great croap and a nice, cooling ASB.
    It was a fun break from the SEs I've been using lately.
    YMMV.

Fred Hill and mrchick like this.