The Haul: September 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

JUST FROM THE WILD, Just picked up some Schick injectors E2 Canadian versions with the 1937 pat on them and even with cases from a near by antique store.
    The Black Bakelite case was exclusive for Canadian E2 Version from my limited research. The razor and case show some wear and tear but lets see how the they look after some clean up and care.
    The middle razor is a Gillette X1 1952 American super speed that is in reasonable condition and will be cleaned up shortly. I really enjoy my Schick E2 razor and it will always have a nice home here in my rotation. The E2 base metal is non magnetic but I am having a hard time pinpointing the base metal that is claded with gold overlay. Some later editions(F models) had a secret proprietary base metal with copper and alloyed.......brass? Does anyone know base metal for E2 Schick injectors with the overlayed gold (I believe its a brass alloy?)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Just cleaned them up & sterilized the razors! pictures below
    Schicks cleaned up 2.jpg
    Schicks cleanup1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. brit

brit in a box

very nice. i had a low mileage canadian e-3 with case and blade holder.it had a 1939 pat on the back of the tan colored case. had to downsize for my own good.

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Finally received my Razorock Game changer .84 with radio knob handle. Looks great and now I have to let myself go through the paces to see if it performs like I would like it.
    The Game Changer .84 is getting positive remarks and I will add to other comments later.
    Did some early Christmas shopping for my son who is showing interest in DE shaving and purchased the Razorock SLOC(nice forgiving razor) and a big Bruce 24 mm knot brush with stand and a bunch of soaps. Might as well try to get him interested because I have a whole bunch of razors that he can try until he finds a winner or two that suites his beard type.
    Bought 3 used and two new razors in 1 week for under $100 US, Rad is still strong and I hope it goes into hibernation for a while because I want to enjoy them before I get distracted.
    Razorock early Christmas..jpg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    RyX, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 10 others like this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

20180926_185237.jpg
    Well not much but after some seirous cleaning. I have another gem junior and I have a gem oc micromatic. I fell in like with the gem jr. so I got another one just in case one gets dropped or broken somehow.
    I also got the gem OCMM just to see if it will shave as well. The price was right although they were ugly when I received them but I was able to get them into usable condition. The OCMM handle needs some more work but IMHO it will not change the shave.
    We'll see how it goes in the morning.:)

tp

RyX, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 11 others like this.
  5. LatherShaves

LatherShaves New Member

Epic Fuzzyface mail call! I now have over 25 Fuzzyface scents.... Not a bad one in the bunch!

His seasonal scents are Out of this world!!!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

RyX, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 3 others like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Always good to have a spare. You should hunt up the WWII case for that Gem Junior. It was known as the G3 model. I have several that I use for travel and love to pass then along to other shavers.

jimjo1031 and Terry like this.
  7. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Not very knowledgeable around the DE/SE world, and I have never had luck in the wild...
    Enders Speed - nothing special & proprietary blade, but thought they were interesting
    GEM push button - very happy with this one, and much heavier than I assumed... did I say happy :)
    G-1 Fatboy- everything works and should clean up easily
    And one where I thought I knew I had something, but wasn’t really sure...
    Grand Shave King Self Lubricating razor - no writing on top, just the patent number under the base plate... and $6 - maybe my luck changed :)

3A2C8E31-7CD8-492B-8C2E-2B2E185D1699.jpeg
    Happy Hunting!
    Tom

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

If you decide to sell off that grand shave king . Please let me know

TestDepth and Linuxguile like this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Sounds great
    Can't seem to find one
    Not even a picture
    Will keep on the lookout for it.
    Thanks
    tp

10. TestDepth

Will do... a really cool looking razor. Looking forward to see if it is as mild as I hear.

11. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I received a package of items today from Hendrix Classics & Co. aka @Pete123: two tubs of shaving soap, 4 bath bars and he included a small tub of his aftershave balm that he is currently testing. Also, a knife with ramshorn scales and a blade made from one of the supersteels. Pete did a beautiful job on the scales. The knife came with a small allen wrench included for adjusting the fasteners as needed, which I thought was a nice touch. I am looking forward to using the shave soap, trying the bath soap and the aftershave balm, and carrying the knife:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

AGHisBBS, mrchick, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Pick up a Garrard A70

6699086843_2524b52934_b.jpg
    Close, but not my picture.

Attached Files:

AGHisBBS, mrchick, PLAla and 11 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

out with my wife for breakfast today,popped in to shoppers drug mart... 20180929_192901.jpg

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Jorvaljr and 9 others like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I picked up a propane converter for my Coleman stove
    s-l640.jpg
    Made in USA!

What can I say ... to me, it matters. :happy108:

15. brit

brit in a box

has french on it, canadian market?

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well, with a partnership of Primus and Century, it wouldn't surprise me. Century is now showing as only a Canadian company and Primus is out of Sweden.

I bought one of these probably twenty years ago and never used it; only to get rid of it five or six years ago. :angry032: There are cheaper ones made, but I try to stay out of Asian markets when I can. A time and place for everything; this time it was better to go vintage.:eatdrink013:

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter, RyX and 2 others like this.
  17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

To get the most from my GSK, i make sure the handle is only secured to snug, no more. The threads are enough to overtighten the center. Or so I've been told. The difference for me is in the sound. When i hear the loud sorta hollow shearing of my stubble, i know it's in the spot. Good luck with yours. D

TestDepth likes this.
  18. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

My birthday haul from Friday![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday. Great Haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX, mayer57619 and TestDepth like this.
  20. TestDepth

Thank you David. Your previous posts in a couple other threads set me up well! Cleaned it up and took it for a spin yesterday- I really enjoyed the shave. :eatdrink047:
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.