The Haul: September 2021

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Outstanding!
    You Sir are a gentleman of distinction.
    But......what is the styptic pencil for?

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Unfortunately I do not have a blemish free face and neck. I get bumps from heat and other environmental things. As they stand proud. Well they sometimes get shaved off and I need to stop the bleeding. Being on blood thinners exasperates the problem.

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sweet haul! That Lady Eversharp Hydro-Magic, GEM bullet tip and GEM MMOC = :git:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thanks Jody. I was after these because I need to replace my Gillette/Otto Roth thin handle as mine has a tiny crack in it. The Gem Bullet Tip w/Guiding Eye is better than mine. The Gillette case for my gold WW II Contract Tech. The Lady Eversharp will be shortened as I'm going to sell mine and put into a travel tin. I like the blue one here better than mine w/white handle. And the rest I'll get rid of, maybe keep the Techmatic w/lavender handle, just to have.

5. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Nice haul Jim. I have 1 of those in a lot purchase as well. Now to see how to get some modern blades working with these.......
    Screenshot_20210830-132400.png

Ron R, gorgo2, IAmTheJody and 5 others like this.
  6. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

These actually arrived last week of August but kind of got lost in the shuffle as I was not feeling very well that week. A Schick Platinum DE razor and a nos pack of Schick Platinum blades made in Holland.
    20210904_091055_20210904094937623.jpg

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Went to a yard sale up the street today which had been advertising heavily that it would be huge. It wasn't. Not much there of interest that wasn't horribly overpriced, including three packs of generic store brand DE blades for $3 each, and a purported 1950s Gillette flare tip for $25, which was actually one of those Dollar Tree throwaways. I gave a lady two bucks for a nice sealed pair of old black enamel/fake jeweled chopsticks. I feel good about it.

8. brit

brit in a box

cool score Mike..:cool:

PanChango and Aztecmike like this.
  9. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Gary. :) My other black one did not have a Schick logo on the doors so I figured I had to have this one. ;)

PanChango and brit like this.
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nice score. It has been a while since I have seen one of these. Enjoy.

Aztecmike and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

Arrived today compliments of Dave's @Dave in KY willingness to part with it... 1920s silver plated Roller Guard DE razor! I had originally considered getting it replated but seeing it now in hand, I'm going to leave it in its original, well loved state and use it as is!

And he PIFed in some fine smelling shaving soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon! Fantastic scent!

IMG_20210904_121908~2_resize_53.jpg

IMG_20210904_121916_resize_77.jpg

IMG_20210904_122409~2_resize_41.jpg

IMG_20210904_122231~2_resize_38.jpg

IMG_20210904_122251~2_resize_43.jpg

12. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Cool score Jody. Those Roller Guards seem to be a bit tough to come by.

Dave in KY and IAmTheJody like this.
  13. IAmTheJody

They are. And I have always been fascinated by razors with guards that actually roll. Dave remembered this and I am elated that he did! lol

Aztecmike and Dave in KY like this.
  14. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

It and My Psycho Razor are in good hands now ! Enjoy my Friend !!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  15. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Dale. I've collected a few others in various colors, but a they all have plain doors til this one. 20200827_172641~2.jpg

16. IAmTheJody

I've seen these Schicks many times but honestly have never used one. They just always seemed so bulky to me. But I have seen more than one person say they are fine shavers. And yours is embossed on the doors in addition to the end caps. That's a sweet score!

Ijustmissedthe50s and Aztecmike like this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Interesting, I wonder if anything changed from the initial production.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

18. IAmTheJody

Interesting how life works out... Going from not knowing someone, to being razor rehoming buddies! I just need to find a razor that I have, that you want. So we can be money swapping buddies too! :rofl:

Dave in KY likes this.
  19. IAmTheJody

I don't have a clue other than the imprints where yours has CO. In the company name and PATENT PENDING.

As I understand it, they sold these as the head pieces alone marketed to be used with Gillette handles, and later on actually sold them with a handle which is what Dave/I have? Is that correct?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

No AFAIK they were only sold as guard only, specifically designed to be used with the Old Type cap and whatever handle.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.