The Haul: September 2021

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I said BLEED feel... A typo, but probably still appropriate considering the guard.... lol

2. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Lol! I am thinking it maybe that way. I’ll let you know tonight

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Bought this new "Viper"boar brush from Yaqi just recently, the handle is just marvelous in that sparkling glitter in the deep green with white clouded wisps. Feels good in the hand and now I'm going to do use my break in method to bring it to a nice level of enjoyment should be good in 2-3 days for the first shave. Cleaned it with shampoo 5 times and lost about 15 hairs which is normal for a boar? This one has a slight boar funk but we will see how it smells as the days go on.
    I just put it in the fridge for the first 20-24 hrs & tomorrow will take it out for a few more cleanings and will dry off with the towel and will do that approximately 3 times and should one great boar brush for many years.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Hembree, Enrico and 10 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

5. brit

brit in a box

awesome Mike..:cool:

Aztecmike likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

wow..that's different..:cool:.i bet there's a story behind it..;)

7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I bought it for the handle. I've had both pre and post war Canadian Tech razors in the past.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    That was fairly common back in the day. I guess the prongs left were for blade support and to protect the owner's face from the blade corners. Usually, the Tech was the victim of this modification, not an old type.

It should still provide a good shave.

IAmTheJody, Aztecmike and Jrdelgado like this.
  9. Jrdelgado

Thank you for the information! Looking forward to trying it. Was going to last night. Will post results

10. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Muchos Gracias Gary. :)

brit likes this.
  11. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

Don't know how I missed this one, came in late August, last quarter and last year before the super speeds went to the black anodized handle, blades still have the cello wrap, I think I did ok at $27'ish on the bay:

FlareTip1.jpg FlareTip2.jpg FlareTip3.jpg

12. Jrdelgado

Looks like it’s in great shape.

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

My Shavemac 22x48 2-band silver tip badger shave brush arrived yesterday. See attached. Sorry for the sideways pics but I’m not proficient in pics on this or any forum.

Received directly from Shavemac and am very happy with the quality! 3F700C80-B111-4C09-86B8-CD056E1DF431.jpeg EB052C83-D2A8-47D0-9F0C-FA94EBD15A1C.jpeg E059B8D4-A11A-459F-9F67-6713D971E8F1.jpeg 38DDCC25-6667-4E45-8C37-361E46A5DB61.jpeg

I used it this morning with MWF and the performance was great! Soft tips with very good backbone. In fact that combination was a surprise to me but very much appreciated. Very soft tips. See pics for initial bloom and next to my Simpson Duke D3 for post-shave bloom. The Duke is still drying after Tuesday morning duty and Shavemac was used today (Thursday).

I’m very happy with the new brush and plan to use it at lest once week along with with the Duke and another from my stable since I typically shave 3 times a week.

I’m also very pleased with the butterscotch color.

Oh, and Shavemac tossed in a free puck of Haslinger Schafmilch shave soap!

14. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Just got my PAA Droid Black CK1 shave soap; and I must say it smells exactly like Floïd Black aftershave. For those who don’t know; Floïd Black aftershave was discontinued a few months ago or more. I have the aftershave and this soap smells exactly like Floïd Black. CD4E50C8-305C-4F6C-916A-76D70FB5111A.jpeg

15. jay_gatz

Ever-Ready Shovel Head and a 17 tooth Gem Micromatic ClogPruf...
    Shovel1.jpg Shovel2.jpg
    ClogPruf1.jpg ClogPruf2.jpg

16. brit

brit in a box

very cool.haven't seen any post flat bottom british techs with the 2 piece handle.only the canadians..:)

17. brit

brit in a box

18. brit

brit in a box

fine flare tip set..L-4?:cool:

19. brit

brit in a box

just arrived.
    gold wash brit made canadian market rocket,early 50s

[​IMG]

20. jay_gatz