The Haul: September 24th - September 30th , 2007

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :eek: :rolleyes:

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Wokka Wokka

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

4. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

another part of equipment for my fitness room im building

Oh boy had to wait 13 days for it to arrive it had gotten quite a beating .

I present the " Cellerciser "

Huge fun but in the meantime serious excersize for your Lymphatic system and immune system.

early Bday gift to myself :D
    Big Box build like a Tank got damaged but still it was laughing the last laugh had to use all my muscles to get it out of the box not CHEAPLY Build !

The inventor is a great guy gave me $100 discount on it but the customs went ape on me and charged $87 so there wasnt that much gain for me still nice gesture from him .

I also spoke with him on the phone about all the benefits rebounding has for the body down to earth guy (David Hall ) .

so my next equipment im hunting for Bowlfex 552 Dumbells and an inversion Table.

Attached Files:

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Welcome to The Shave Den, 79 300sd!

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Let us know how it goes with the new equipment in the Diet and Exercise thread.

7. Hi All,
    This will be my first post in this weekly thread. Normally I won't mention when I acquire soaps or blades or injector razors or other shaving items. However, after 6 months of very enjoyable use from my SR204, I recently decided to upgrade a bit. Only thing was to decide which brush to buy. I was tending toward a silvertip Savile Row #3722, the Rooney style 2 small super, and the Shavemac silvertip. I went with the Shavemac,although I was a bit leery of the 23mm knot offered on his site. I'd been using a small brush up till then (20), and didn't want my new one to be too large. After emailing him and explaining my concern , Bernd suggested the 22 as an excellent substitution. He assured me it would be still quite dense, but wouldn't bloom quite as much as the 23mm. I received it last week, and this thing is a kick!
    Let me just say that I now better understand the feeling when shaving with a firm, yet luxurious' brush. I was very happy with my 'best' 204, but the Shavemac silvertip is a different animal. Being a face latherer makes me appreciate the firm, but not stiff bristles. The part that's equally enjoyable is the total lack of any sign of scritchyness when grinding away working up the lather. It works very very well for me, and I feel good about that purchase. I'm glad I waited a bit before taking this step, because now I DO know what I want in a nicer brush. It's got a sorta dark brown/chocolate handle with swirls of cream and a little black in it. Very understated, which I like. Sigh........sorry, not able to take pics.
    I've only had 5-6 shaves with it so far, and I realize it's gonna change even more for the better as it's used. Bernd was right about it being a small bloomer, at least up till now. It's a good bit smaller than my SR, although that's gotten quite a workout in previous months. I use 4 passes and this little guy holds enough lather for those and some touch ups. So, that's one new toy I'm quite pleased with.
    The other....and I'm chuckling nervously as I type this, is an item I've never bought before. It's something that most of you already have, but nothing I much thought about till last week. Yeah.........I bought my first DE razor. Never thought that would happen, but I was a victim of circumstances. It happened in a small town's local antique store which I stopped into looking for an injector if possible.
    I asked the saleslady about any old razors she might have and was directed to a small shelf with an old and trashed bakelite injector sitting on it. Next to that nasty thing though, was a gold colored razor in a box with some sorta red velvet looking lining. I looked closer and the writing on the inside said 'Aristocrat', which was one of the few names of DE's I'd heard of as being a nice razor. The idea of actually using a DE doesn't, or didn't really appeal to me, since I'm perfectly happy getting BBS shaves with my injector. That may be changing...........which is the reason for my nervous chuckling. That's just what I need.........another damn AD..............sheesh!
    Anyway, I took the razor out and held it.........felt the weight........saw how nicely the handle was etched in a way to make it very easy to hold onto. I noticed what a great gold color it had, and was surprised to see very little signs of it actually ever being used. All the gold's intact on the head, with just a few slight scratches close to the safety bar. Handle's perfect, and the box is in good shape. It came with some razor blades called "Kare Super Platinum", which I think I'll skip using.
    This thing has got me thinking.............I've watched some of Mark's videos already, and just happen to have some old Merkur blades I picked up somewhere. Who knows where this is gonna go.............sheesh! Oh, that was the deal of the day I believe, since the Aristocrat ran me $10.80, tax included. That was an unexpected and impulsive, but enjoyable stop.
    Jeeeez, I hope this isn't the first of many posts in this thread, but that's not up to me. I'm just sorta along for the ride when it comes to this shaving 'hobby', and can't tell when things will calm down..........heh.
    Martin

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Boubi, boy, was ist das, bitte? :eek: :confused:

9. SSLSTudio...

will do im supposed to see drastic changed in the next 2 months so ill def. keep score.

10. SSLSTudio...

Boubi , that is SMART training not harder but just smarter I worked totall of 20 minutes today on it. on and off for 5m at a time.

Looks easy = easy.. till your heart rate goes up

I also did ab crunches sitting with ya bumm on the matt and bouncing up really though on the abs..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqnK7pEOPnY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VswVhajMRtc&NR=1[/ame]

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That Cellerciser looks like a hell of a lot of fun! :rofl

Price isn't bad too... it would fit here in the condo without much space.

If it really works.. I might seriously look into this! Please keep us informed Rene!

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Rene, Viel SpaB-verwohn dich! Nur zu, mein Bruder! Alles was mir einfahllt ist jetzt kannst du viel Geld sparen! ;)

13. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

3 Colagte, 1 Burma Shave, and 1 Williams shave soaps. And a bottle of Barbasol after shave.

14. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Looky, Looky, Looky who got the cookie....

...........soaps arrived today!
    [vbpg]672[/vbpg]

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice haul, Steve! Enjoy! ;)

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

A couple things from Lee's Razors:

[​IMG]

This brush ( Chubby 1 / Super ) looks really nice, should be a great soap brush as Rick, Joe, J and others have recommended, Thanks guys ;)

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sweet hauls guys!!

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hey, you didn't do too bad yourself ;)

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Joe, I sold a couple of brushes and razors that just weren't finding their way into my rotation to fund a couple other purchases.

Hope this stuff works out ok....:)

20. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Nice haul Neale. I'm first in line if the Chubby 1 in Super goes on the selling block. ;)

In today's mail. Schick Injector E-3. Waiting on some Schick blades and some Ted Pella blades.

Attached Files: