The Health Club

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by wristwatchb, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, John!

brit likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I think I'll return to the gym tomorrow evening. I'm sure I gained some weight from missing out the last couple weeks. At least I didn't gain it from eating candy and cookies.

Screwtape and brit like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I’m happy to say I have lost nine lbs since Thanksgiving Thanks for inspiring me!

Troy M, PLAla, Screwtape and 2 others like this.
  4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Well done!

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

PLAla and mrchick like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

congrats..i haven t weighed myself just incase. but my clothes are looser..

6. mrchick

That’s always a good sign. Good job!

Paul Turner, PLAla and brit like this.
  7. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Excellent news from both of you!

brit, mrchick and PLAla like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

That's terrific, Brian!

brit and mrchick like this.
  9. mrchick

Thank you!

PLAla likes this.
  10. mrchick

Thanks. I’m committed again and want to lose 30 more lbs. I know I can do it.

11. PLAla

Here's a question for you knowledgeable folks.

I ate breakfast this morning about 7:25. Wheat Chex cereal with 2% milk. Now, almost three hours, I'm feeling a good bit hungry. Lunch is in another hour. I keep some almonds in my desk for this reason. Just snacked on 8 almonds (yes, I count them so I don't overindulge as their calorie-laden). This morning has been pretty active with a good bit of walking. Not overt exercise but plenty of movement.

Questions: Is it normal for a lighter breakfast like that to wear off so quickly? Should I power through the hunger, forgo the almonds, and wait until lunch? What's the best for your metabolism?

Screwtape likes this.
  12. mrchick

When I have cereal I usually also have a banana which seems to help hold me until lunch.

brit and PLAla like this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Normal. It is also good, to graze on healthy snacks, inbetween meals. Almonds are a good choice, in moderation. 8 is minimal.

14. brit

brit in a box

i guess we all started christmas early...;) happy christmas fello clubbers, more work after the holidays, eat well..

Screwtape and lightcs1776 like this.
  15. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas! Eating well here. My wife is making Keto friendly deserts and low carb side dishes for the celebration of Christ's birth. It will (or should be) the first Christmas without any weight gain.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Screwtape and brit like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just signed up to do walks around our Senior Center each week. Sometimes I can schedule it in for twice a week, other times just once. But it'll be a nice addition to my gym workouts :).

AGHisBBS, Screwtape and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

had a mellow christmas so far, watched the calories a little , and only hit the brews once,getting bored with beer nights,exercise will increase when i am back to work..

PLAla, Paul Turner and Screwtape like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

thank you john..

Screwtape likes this.
  19. PLAla

Anyone have a pocket pedometer that they recommend? I don't want a Fitbit or a watch apparatus. I often have my Iphone in my pocket but I don't think the built-in step counter is accurate. Some type of small pocket pedometer would work for me.

brit likes this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

i tried the cell phone step counters , not for me..kept zeroing ..but i am not very cell phone savy..

PLAla likes this.