The Health Club

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by wristwatchb, Sep 25, 2018.

1. PatP

PatP Member

Omron makes some good pedometers. Don't have model numbers at hand but I have owned a couple different models that have worked well.

brit and PLAla like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I enjoyed lots of good food and drink over the holidays. It was terrific! However, my weight crept up and I'm now trying to cut back some. My calorie app (My Fitness Pal) spat out a 2,200 calorie day for my specs in order to lose a 0.5 pounds a week. It normally works faster than that for me when I really log my calories. I use the app off and on to remind myself of portion control. I'm already down 0.7 pounds since Tuesday morning. I will probably take the weekend off from the app and then come back to it on Monday.

Hopefully I'll be back on track by the end of this month and to a point where I don't have to enter everything manually.

3. PLAla

I am down 4.6 pounds since January 1. Been logging my calories and trying to stay under 2,200 per day. Has been fairly easy, honestly. I've been much more conscious with my lunch choices and that has helped. I eat in the school cafeteria on weekdays. The food is pretty good but the lunch ladies treat the teachers well and will load up the plates. You have to be careful!

I've started each lunch at the salad bar and several days have made my plate there and nowhere else. Carrots and hummus, good lettuce with grape tomatoes. A couple of days I had salad and a small bowl of chili. This has all worked pretty well so far.

My next goal is to lose another 5 pounds and then reassess.

Thanks for letting me post here and be accountable!

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As you saw in a previous post, I was guilty of being a Candy Man over the holidays(Ohhh, the Candy Man Can)

wristwatchb, Enrico, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

down to having beers on friday nights only with less as well.cut 20 ish beers out a week..weight loss is slow but thats ok..no postings since jan 10 guys.. everyone ok?

6. PLAla

That's some terrific self discipline, Gary! Congrats on cutting back.

I am down exactly 10 pounds since January 2. My goal is to lost two or three more by late March when we go on a family vacation. I can attribute my weight loss solely to better food choices and eating less, particularly at lunch. Better choices at breakfast, too, but I've made a concerted effort to eat salad and vegetables at lunch and it has worked.

wristwatchb, Hembree, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I'm ok...I think having the cat here has helped me lose some weight just by less stress. Animals help!!

Frijolero, Hembree, brit and 3 others like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm a BAD candy man ..... I wanted some M&M's and bought a 3lb bag ..... buyers remorse taught me that it's the reason they sell the little snack bag at the cashier counter. Two weeks later, I still have no desire for candy. :sick007:

9. Paul Turner

When we get candy as gifts at Xmas time, it's hard to avoid.

Enrico, Frijolero, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Some people at the gym I go to are trying to get me to join a class where the participants move REAL FAST. I think I'm getting too old for "real fast", although there is an elderly man in there who just does his own moves rather than go along with the class.

11. brit

brit in a box

thank you perry, congrats .i am trying to eat better and less as well..once i am at a certain point i can step up the exercise more ..

Frijolero, wristwatchb and PLAla like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

thats cool paul..less stress is always good.i had huge stress when i had my shop, glad its gone ..

13. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

You really are of British descent .

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Frijolero, PLAla and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

i have a sweet tooth,oh yes..has taken hugh effort to pass that one by..

Frijolero and PLAla like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

born there,a darts player, and yes a beer lover..

16. BigMark83

Beer is my nemesis. I prefer Stouts myself. Guinness draught, extra stout, Murphy's. Stout, the only beer that matters .

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Frijolero and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

..i like my cold lagers,or draughts, with a guinness for good measure..

Frijolero likes this.
  18. BigMark83

I'm not a big fan of lagers, unless they're Black lagers.

19. BigMark83

Is a Bock a lager? Spaten makes a good one.

20. brit

brit in a box

unfortunately not familiar with either..been stuck on u.s. and canadian mass produced domestics..cheap and plentiful..want to delve into the nicer stuff in the future when quality is more important than quantity..have heineken ,rolling rock once in a while..

Frijolero likes this.