The Health Club

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by wristwatchb, Sep 25, 2018.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Its always quality over quantity. But Guinness is my old standby :D.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congrats, gents, on the fantastic progress!

brit and PLAla like this.
  3. wristwatchb

It has been awhile since I've posted an update. Since late July, I'm down 58 lbs...from size 42 to 38 pants...heading for size 36. I feel so much better! Thanks to my food/exercise app, I'm more aware of my food and exercise choices. I always eat three meals and a snack a day, and I almost never have cravings. (My snack later today will be a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. :) ) I do allow myself occasional cheat days...I just allow for that in my weekly budget. Thanks to a recommendation from @Paul Turner, I recently incorporated chia seeds in my morning meal for both the Omega 3's and fiber. I've been targeting between 1700 and 1800 calories per day the past few weeks, and the weight continues to decrease slowly and consistently. I'm 12 lbs away from my goal of 205 lbs, so this week I increased my calorie budget to approximately 1900 calories per day. I intend to slow my rate of weight loss down as I get closer to my doctor-recommended goal. I want my new habits to stick for the long-term, and I believe this will help. My app charts my weight loss, and I've also played around with the numbers in a spreadsheet just for fun.

I am encouraged by everyone's progress. I welcome the accountability from each of you. I need it, particularly as I approach my goal.

1.jpg

Frijolero, PLAla, BigMark83 and 2 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool charlie.while i haven t been scientific about mine yet ,my cloths are loose, the prego belly is shrinking and my joints don t ache..mobility is better as well...

Frijolero, PLAla and wristwatchb like this.
  5. wristwatchb

I am so glad to hear this, Gary. Your approach is working, so that's all that matters. Great progress!

Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you charlie.. when the effects of the beer reduction is evident /or slow down i will start the calorie counting a little more.don t want to shock the body as they say..

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Very glad to have pitched in on the chias. :)

8. Paul Turner

@brit, thanks to you, I'm now at 75,500 likes! Thanks to everyone else, too :).

Frijolero, PLAla and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

that is awesome Paul.CONGRATS. my like counter went from around 8500 late november to over 22.000 as of today. thank you and everyone else as well:bounce017::eatdrink047:

Frijolero and PLAla like this.
  10. Paul Turner

That's impressive!

11. Paul Turner

Bostonians might say, "Quite a nice-lookin' baaaaah graph! " But seriously, you're doing very well. :)

brit, Frijolero, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  12. wristwatchb

Thanks Paul. I appreciate the encouragement.

brit, Frijolero, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir, but not 75,500 impressive,congrats again..

Frijolero, PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Amazing work, Charlie! I’m enjoying following your progress. Are chia seeds caloric heavy?

15. wristwatchb

Thanks Perry! I purchase these chia seeds from Walmart. I add 1 tbsp (13 g) to my breakfast cereal...60 calories. I can't taste them, but they add a nice crunch to the cereal. They will absorb moisture and develop a gelatin-like texture. I assume this helps with their "fiber" effect. For that reason, I stir them up in the cereal and almond milk to keep them from clumping together. It would not be a good idea to eat them dry like other seeds.

1.jpg

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/why-are-chia-seeds-good-for-me#1

16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You guys are such an inspiration. I need to quit using all this travel as an excuse!
    Thanks for sharing your stories. Great job Charlie!

17. brit

brit in a box

is a very cool graph .i should have mentioned earlier..thank you charlie for all of your encouragement..

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Charlie. We had some chia seeds in our pantry at one time. Used to put them in yogurt at one time or another. I wonder if they're still in there. Maybe I could take them to school and use them up in my morning cereal.

Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  19. wristwatchb

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Brian, no doubt that travel makes it harder to eat right. Meal schedules and wise food choices become more challenging. We eat out often, and I have standby meals that I usually select at the restaurants we normally visit. I try to check out the nutrition information/menus on line and make my selections ahead of time. My app remembers my selections, and that makes it helpful if I need to refer back to a previous visit. (I'm a creature of habit. I'm sure this would drive some people nuts.)

If I find myself at a new place and haven't looked at the menu beforehand, I'll usually get a grilled chicken salad with non- or low-fat Italian dressing. That's a pretty safe choice at most places (700 calories give or take), but I wouldn't want it every day. Tomato-based soups are usually good...if you can tolerate the sodium. Bread sticks and chips (for me) are not. When you start looking at the nutrition info on the menus, you'll quickly see that dinner and drinks at restaurant can easily reach 2000 calories without some advance planning.

brit, mrchick and PLAla like this.
  20. wristwatchb

I keep the container on my counter top, Perry. There's a 1 tbsp scoop included in it, so it's easy to add a measured amount to your morning cereal. Just for fun, I also add 1 maraschino cherry and a little of the red juice to my cereal...gotta have something sweet. :)

Speaking of Yogurt, I also eat Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt almost every day. It's good as a topping for oatmeal or as a sour cream substitute. Along with that, I'm trying to incorporate more protein and healthy fats into each meal. It's filling, and it prevents cravings...two of my favorite sources are avocados and boiled eggs.

brit, Frijolero and PLAla like this.