The Health Club

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by wristwatchb, Sep 25, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

had a busy weekend with family over.. lots of food and drink.. still maintained the few drinks on fridays only ,while others partied on. felt good.

Shaver X, wristwatchb and PLAla like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congrats Perry! You've made some positive lifestyle changes, and it's paying off! :happy088:

brit and PLAla like this.
  3. wristwatchb

Awesome, Gary! I'm glad you found a way to have fun with the family and stick with your plan. Keep up the great work!

Paul Turner, brit and PLAla like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir.. with more exercise in the coming good weather months and continued reductions in alcohol consumption/crap food i should start seeing more improvements.. my joints are thanking me.. is a slow process, but rushing it has short lasting results for me..

wristwatchb likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm going to experiment with going back to good ol' 1% fat milk for a while.

AGHisBBS, wristwatchb and brit like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

^ This

7. brit

brit in a box

thank you Charlie..

wristwatchb likes this.
  8. wristwatchb

I did the same thing, Paul. I now have a cup or less of 1% milk each day with my breakfast. That's far less than I consumed just a few months ago. I figure it is OK in moderation, and it is certainly less expensive than almond milk.

AGHisBBS, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  9. wristwatchb

This advice has really helped me over the past few months. I'm finally managing my weight, eating good/balanced/reasonable meals, getting daily exercise, and feeling better than I have in a very long time.

I'm also feeling better about myself. A gent approached me yesterday to say that he had lost 20 lbs because he was inspired by seeing my progress.

I try to find ways to get more exercise in the normal course of life. Yesterday, for example, I ascended and descended 16 flights of stairs at church. It was all I could do to climb 3 or 4 flights when I started doing this a few months ago.

I'm at 208...down 67 lbs in almost 9 months...and very slowly approaching my target of 200 lbs. If it takes me 6 months to get there, I'm OK with that. I'm finally back into my size 36 pants...down from 42. Haven't been there in quite a long time.

Great advice and moral support, Chris. Thank you!

Eeyore, Shaver X, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Another thing I'm doing-sprinkling Chia seeds into any cereal that is low in fiber. It's quite something with these seeds, you barely taste them(although you SEE them in there, of course).

AGHisBBS, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

67kbs?!? 36 waist? Excellent! Congratulations!!! It's so great to see you get the results you wanted and needed. The cool thing is that maintaining is easier than losing, and it sounds like you are winning. :)

AGHisBBS, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  12. wristwatchb

Thanks Paul. I add 1 tbs of chia seeds to my cereal every morning. I plan to start using ground flax seed as well.

13. wristwatchb

Thank you, Chris!

AGHisBBS, brit and Bama Samurai like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome results Charlie.

15. wristwatchb

Thanks Gary!

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai and brit like this.
  16. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I recommend getting an air fryer if you don't already have one. I bought one about 2 months ago and I cannot recommend it enough. Chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside within 20 to 30 minutes depending on the cut. I knock back on my bag of broccoli steamers while the chicken is cooking. I went from about 193 to 199 in 2 months while getting leaner just because my recovery is better !!!

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I love my air-fryer too. It is especially good for chicken.

wristwatchb, lightcs1776 and brit like this.
  18. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Nice to know you like it. My wife and I have been considering getting one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  19. wristwatchb

I've been trying to intentionally incorporate more exercise into my daily routine. I walked 40 minutes and ascended/descended 21 flights of stairs today.

Based on a suggestion from @Paul Turner, I picked up some ground flax seed today. I plan to add a tablespoon to my morning cereal along with the tablespoon of chia seeds that I'm already using.

Now that I am approaching my target weight of 200 lbs (actually 207), I have gone back to 1% milk with my morning cereal instead of almond milk. It's a lot less expensive, and I limit myself to a cup per day.

How's everyone else doing? It's motivating for me to hear about everyone's progress, and I'm all ears when it comes to healthy hints and tips. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  20. Paul Turner

I now have the right bag of Chia Seeds. What do I mean by "right". It's my 3rd bag, and the one I just had was lower in fiber than was the first. Maybe this was due to it being "Organic" Chia Seeds. Anyway, the bag I now have has 11 G. worth of the healthy stuff. I'll still be using Flaxseeds but rotating with the Chias.(as we do with our shave products, chuk-yuk-yuk).