The Health Club

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by wristwatchb, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Making a return to Almond Milk(Unsweetened). I never should have left.

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  2. Paul Turner

I'm looking at some healthy pasta dishes to try. I saw one that has 3 servings of vegetables. It would appear, then, that my usual side dish for pasta-dark green lettuce-would make for 4 servings of V's in one meal.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

4. Paul Turner

Lab reports on Physical day came back...passed inspection in most areas..doc did say some went over "normal range"(and under), but he wasn't concerned with them.

wristwatchb, brit and lightcs1776 like this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Summer for me is relaxed and off routine. I've started back in a routine yesterday after about 6 weeks of laziness. That laziness was much needed for rest and recovery after the school year, but I eat more than usual and that's adds up on my weight.

I weighed in today at 182.2. I'm hoping to weigh weekly on Tuesdays and keep my eye on it. My goal is to be around 175. I was very diligent last winter and early spring and got down to 172.2 on March 15, so I know it's possible. I'm not surprised to be 10 pounds over that mark from March given some of the wonderful food I've had the past few weeks.

Wanting to be in full disclosure to this group since we all desire to be more healthy.

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congrats Paul. That's great news. My annual physical is coming up later this month.

Paul Turner, PLAla and brit like this.
  7. wristwatchb

Perry, you'll reach your goal! We are definitely traveling this road together.

I've been in weight maintenance mode since early May. I'm averaging 202 lbs over the past two months, which is slightly above my goal of 200 lbs. Going forward, I plan to weigh at least weekly. At least monthly, I'll calculate my average weight over the prior two months. That will allow me to have normal weight variation within reason (without stressing out over short term changes) and hopefully help me stay on target.

1.jpg

PLAla and brit like this.
  8. Paul Turner

I have a follow-up appointment with my regular physician tomorrow, about the syncope accident.It's at 10 AM, but the town van will pick me up at 8:30, therefore I'll be a bit early. Or maybe not, if everyone and their uncle-in-law will be on the road at that time. Better early than never, as they say!!!

AGHisBBS, wristwatchb and PLAla like this.
  9. PLAla

Hope it goes well, Paul. Let us know what you find out.

Paul Turner and wristwatchb like this.
  10. PLAla

Weighed in yesterday and was down 1.2 pounds since last Tuesday. Better eating and more movement was the difference.

wristwatchb likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

I will, Perry, thanks. Fortunately the supermarket and drug store are within walking distance, but on the other side of the road than me, therefore I need to watch the traffic. I'm trying to set up times when there is less traffic than usual. I hate not driving, but......doctor's orders. July 31 is my neurologist appointment-I really hope he clears me to drive.

12. Paul Turner

And now, as I've been reporting in other threads, I'm back to driving! But no gym til fall.

13. brit

brit in a box

good news sir..take your time ..

wristwatchb and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

I've been cranking up on my water consumption since being home from the hospital....this was my second syncope attack.

wristwatchb, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Yes....At 62, my time for rushing through things is over.

brit likes this.
  16. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

All this talk about weight is also on my mind. I hurt my legs back in August while mountain biking. And I re-injured them again in January. I just got back on the bike and have started slowly. I'm 56 going on 57 in a couple weeks and have no interest in dropping dead while riding up one of the several hill climbs in my area. So I've been doing a 9 mile loop approximately every other day. Starting to feel stronger but not strong enough to do two loops, especially in this heat. When I was really riding often I was able to do just over 30 miles with some serious hill climbs throughout the ride. It would take me about 2 1/2 hours to do the 30 miles. I wasn't setting any records but given the climbs I thought somewhat respectable. It's definitely demoralizing that I am stuck on the 9 mile loop that takes me about an hour but am sticking to it. After the accidents I packed on the pounds such that I am now at 220 lbs. I should be at 175 to 180 lbs. So, I have some work ahead of me. I no longer have any excuse. If I can drop the weight I may be able to drop the blood pressure meds, and maybe even the cholesterol med. I hope to keep riding until it gets into the 50's, or maybe the 40's. And if I can get into decent shape, I'd like to hop back on the mountain bike again and see if I can conquer the trail that threw me over the handlebars. But I won't do it unless I know I'm ready. Getting hurt sucks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  17. Paul Turner

I'm toying with the idea of joining a massage "club"(or whatever they call it). There's one real close to me. I'd better check with my doctor though first...I've no doubt reached that time in my life where the doc's opinion counts the most.

18. Paul Turner

Well fellas.....neurologist has cleared me to return to the gym :). Might go Saturday....easy does it at first, would probably stick to aerobics(stat. bike and treadmill.). Neuro did say to drink a lot of water, but I'm doing that as it is.Gonna bring a wet rag and my Golden, CO water bottle first few times.

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Getting bloodwork results tomorrow. Been well over a year, I'm overdue.

wristwatchb, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  20. wristwatchb

I had my annual physical this week and got a good report. Lab results came back good too. My doc gave me some shoulder exercises to hopefully relieve some pain I'm having. Weight has averaged 202 lbs for the past 2 to 3 months. I chart my weight over the past 1 to 2 months to help me stay on track. Allowing for variation, I'd like to average 200 lbs.

1.jpg

This time last year, I weighed 275 lbs., had a hard time just rising out of my chair, and my report from the doc was not so good. It's amazing what a few simple changes in diet and exercise can make. I already have my 2020 annual physical scheduled. :)

brit and PLAla like this.