The Irisch Moos Round-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Shep, Mar 4, 2009.

1. maxpower

maxpower Member

I am back in Germany and I broke down and purchased two sticks and one tube of cream.

While I didn't care for the scent of the AS, I love the scent of the soap. I tried it out this morning and to my surprise it is like Irish Spring with some spices. I am glad I picked it up!

If I can find some in the airport tomorrow, I am going to pick up some more!

At Karstadt, they told me that they were no longer carrying the soap. I went to Karhoff (not sure if that was the name or not) and purchased their last two sticks. The person I talked to there said they didn't have any more.

I would have gone to the other stores where I saw it on my last visit to Germany but the stores closed before I could get there.

2. Truckman

Truckman New Member

The AS in the bottle didn't smell all that great, but it's settling quite nicely on my skin....

I agree, I thought it was like Irish Spring, too! Maybe mixed with Tabac and something a little headier....

Have you tried the cream yet?

3. maxpower

maxpower Member

I haven't tried the cream yet. I like to use soaps more than creams and I understand the cream is hard to find so I may try to trade it for some soap. I am sure someone really into creams will enjoy it more than me.

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Wich cream did you buy? The version with 75 or the one with 100ml? If you bought the former, consider yourself lucky, it's one helluva great cream. The new version (100ml) has the same formula as the Tabac SC and while still being decent it's not as great as the old version.

5. maxpower

maxpower Member

It is the 75ml version. Like I said, I am not really a cream guy. I may try to trade it for some English soap.

Thanks

6. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I have about 80%-85% of an Erasmic Shave Stick that's been milled into a tub...if you're interested, PM me...:D

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

You're gonna regret that, it's every bit as good as the SS-stick ;)

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I ordered mine on Friday. Waiting in great anticipation to try it!

9. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Wow, love the scent. The lather is as good as it gets, lots of it :eek:

I did get a bit of a tingle by the end of the shave that stayed with me for a bit...But this is definitely Tabac in a stick with a different scent. While I like the scent, that tingle means that I'm getting a bit of irritation so I'll probably not use it much. Still, I was very surprised at the amount of lather I got from this stuff...very good indeed.

Steve

10. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I absolutely cannot believe they haven't received their Moos across the street yet. Mine is now a regular member of my rotation, and I even have a backup stick in my storage, and they haven't received their first ones yet. Of course, I am sure that some took advantage of Superlather carrying it, but still. Unreal.

11. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Tabac, Irisch Moos and L'Occitane Cade are tied for best in show at the top of my shave product pyramid. It simply depends on what scent mood of the day I'm in.

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I have to say that im much more impressed with the Tabac scent over the Moos. I find the Moos is a bit strong. Other than that it has the same top notch performance.

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I haven't been that impressed by my IM yet. I dunno... It just didn't wow me.

14. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I'd have to say, for me IM is at the top. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's actually given me a new appreciation for sticks.... I haven't used Cade soap, but if it smells anything like the splash, I don't care how well it performs - I won't be buying it... :sick007

Justin, if you find that your IM stick is going unused....give me a call! :happy088

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Sure... and the same goes for your 1906 Big Fellow!

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:happy102:happy102:happy102:D:D:happy102:happy102:happy102

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

FYP.... and, I guess I'm getting my own 2nd stick then...:D :happy102

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Shoots... mixed your 1920 with another persons 1906... either way, I would be willing to trade.

Seriously, the IM is fine and it will be used. I just don't get what the big rave was.

19. Truckman

Truckman New Member

:happy102 I thought you were poking fun of my 1906 mistake! :happy102

I think the initial rave was the fact that a) it's made by Maurer & Wirtz and b) it seemed impossible to get. Personally, and I just noted this above, the more I use it, the more the scent grows on me. And of course, it's performance is equal to that of Tabac, which IMO is exceptional.......it's quickly become my top dog. :D

TETO!

20. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Yep. I'd have to agree w/ all this. It was just so darn unattainable for so long (still is for some :rolleyes:) that it became a holy grail of sorts. Fortunately this is one time when the end result lived up to all the hype. It really is a fine shaving soap on par w/ the best tallow soaps out there.