The 'Just Three' Challenge

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by timabababaluka, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Hope you give it a try

I like Aqua Velva as well. But I think you will really like Epsilon.

timabababaluka and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

the razorock blue aftershave is a fine aftershave.based on blue..

timabababaluka likes this.
  3. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

I really haven't given RR's software a fair shake. One day I'm going to have to just sit myself down and give their soaps and splashes a thorough read. Perhaps if I had, I'd have realized their blue was another Floid Blue inspired splash.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Tough question indeed(the way I see it, anyway). My preference-slight as it is-would be Special Reserve. Main reason is that the ingredients in it are blended together better than those in Whiskey Woods. But both are very good if you like that "Pinaud Travels West" image. I have both, and I'm glad I do.

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Just no, can't and don't want to do it

6. timabababaluka

Thanks, Paul. They both sound like winners--hence my dilemma. Like you, I seem to be leaning SR.

Between Indiana Jones and "Pinaud Travels West," it sounds like it's hitting the areas I was hoping for ;)

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. timabababaluka

I
    I understand that. Totally. ;)

8. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I would gladly use just one, if it weren't discontinued (I bought a large supply before it was gone) - Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere

One of my other candidates, if I were to go with 3, is also discontinued - Mickey Lee Reunion. That I only have 1 bottle of. Looking for another vetiver suitable to replace it.

Maybe Maol Grooming Marlogue Wood to round it out

edit: none of them are cheap, but that isn't an important qualifier to me

9. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

budget list for me would be Stirling Sandpiper, Tabac, and Nivea sensitive balm

timabababaluka and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Actually, I never got into "Indy Jones" flicks. I gladly substitute Jack Palance for Jones. I suppose Clint would work too(y'know, that Eastwood fella?).

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have been trying to get down to a handful of splashes recently. I did not read through the whole thread. I did look at the OP and my picks are not in line with the requirements, but the splashes I am looking to whittle down to are:

Speick
    Pitralon Green
    Tabac
    Brut
    Lucky Tiger

ghostlife and timabababaluka like this.
  12. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I've come to this a little late but I do enjoy Nivea sensitive cooling balm; it doesn't smell of anything very much so it goes with everything. If you shave in the evening and want subtle or if you use a strongly scented soap it is good. I also love Prorasso green a/s splash; it matches up with all your winter pine, eucalyptus, mint and works well with a lime scented soap and many others. A product I've been impressed with is the Future Fiction a/s jelly from PAA. It has subtle citrus and bergamot top notes and goes with a ton of scents; I like this one. It us amazing on my skin!

13. Paul Turner

Wow, I detest some serious "negatories" there.

14. Paul Turner

I have two RR's that should be good for many future springs/summers. What The Puck Lime Burst, and Acqua. They do me good.

15. Paul Turner

When it comes to Aqua Velva vs. something akin to it.....it's always nice to get AV at the drugstore and thus ship it home for free(car passenger seat).

ghostlife and timabababaluka like this.
  16. timabababaluka

I really enjoy Sandpiper; it's one of my three soaps. Tabac is a name that I hear often, but just haven't looked into yet. I'm definitely going to have to see what all the fuss is about ;)

17. timabababaluka

I used to watch the 'Man with no name' films on television with my dad when I was a kid. I'd be willing to go along with that switch ;)
    [​IMG]

brit likes this.
  18. timabababaluka

Narrowing the field down is a rough business :angry032:

I had to look up Pitralon and Lucky Tiger--hadn't heard of either of those until now, and Tabac has only just surfaced on my radar.

19. timabababaluka

Nivea is a fantastic balm, and I still buy it for my oldest two sons who shave. I've been hearing a lot about the PAA star jellies--they sound fantastic.

20. timabababaluka

True... and can you blame him? ;)