The Magnificent Seven

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Zach, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Manos

Manos Member

My new 1520

[​IMG]

2. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Zach,
    That is just a fantastic looking collection. I only recently acquired my first two Semogues (a 1305 and a 2000) but I can tell you without a doubt that Semogue is well on its way to being the official shaving brush of 1OldGI :D It may take me a while but I'll get there. I'm hoping to score a couple more for Christmas

3. Zach

Zach New Member

Use them in good health my friend!

4. Turnz2

Turnz2 Member

I hear that you old GI. I think I got mine right after you did. I've pulled out the VDH for neglected week but I'm anxious to get back to the 1305 soon. The 2000 is temporarily being used as a standard in a test of Jaguar brushes I'm doing.

5. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Zach, you're an incredible enabler! Thanks for posting these. I love my 2000 and now want to get a small Semogue to compliment it. The 1520 looks just right!

6. Zach

Zach New Member

Με 'γιά Μάνος!

7. OneRand

OneRand New Member

How does the 620 compare to 1305?

8. Zach

Zach New Member

The 620 and the 1520 (and 1460/70) have the same loft, only the handles and sketch on the 1460/70 are different. They are stiffer since they have a shorter loft, but they are also capable of holding a lot more water than their diminutive size might normally suggest. I think the 1305 (and the 1800 and 1250) will be more popular with most people. Still, they are both very good brushes.

9. OneRand

OneRand New Member

Thank, Zach.

I like the look of the acrylic handle. Not worried about size, been using and old Surrey.

Looks like the difference is fancy colored hair or not.

2000 is a beautiful brush as well.

10. SirWhiskers

SirWhiskers Member

Beautiful brushes, too bad I find boar too rough on my face. Anything less than Silvertip and end up with a red face.

11. brothers

brothers Active Member

Hi Zach. I've fallen away from my Omegas over the past few months, sold the 48 and been using a couple of really nice do-it-yourself vintage badger projects exclusively for quite a while. Then I came here looking for some brush talk this evening, and now I think you've got me very interested in a new boar from Semogue. I'm not allowing myself to make any more shaving related purchases of any kind until next month after the first of the year, but I'm writing myself a note to go check out Leon's website.

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

My friend,you should try the SOC limited edition...its the softest boar brush that you can find out there.In fact we have named it "the silvertip of boars" cuz its tips are so soft that feels like a silvertip badger brush,and when I say soft I mean really soft.Hope you can get one and experience for yourself.
    Greetings to all!

13. shaveking

shaveking New Member

bought a 620 early nov. it's completely broken in and lathers like a charm.
    I haven't used any of my other brushes nor do i care to do so.

pete

14. Teiste

Teiste New Member

the same happened toe when I get my Semogue 2000.Later I got the 1305 and 1520 and since then I havent used my badger brushes(6 months now).

15. jhclare

jhclare New Member

I have the 1520, I enjoy it but I do find its tips a little prickly, and it's well broken in. Anyone else find this?

I also have the LE 2009 and its tips are much softer, awesome brush. How does the 2000 compare to the LE?

John

16. Etalex

Etalex New Member

Yes, the 1520 is a bit prickly, even after it has been thoroughly broken in. I like its short loft and bulb shape, but I find the hair too prickly, and not dense enough. Mine does not comfortably hold more than one pass worth of lather.

Alex

17. SiR-ed8

SiR-ed8 New Member

Awesome collection you got there Zach! Only Semogue I have is 1470 and have yet to get in my rotation. I've few others I need to break-in.

18. blacdisco2000

blacdisco2000 Member

Wow amazing pics and colection.....:1respect