The Moss

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by johnniegold, May 17, 2007.

1. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I've looked at it. I've talked about it. I've read about it. I've gotta have it. That's it. I just placed an order with Sara for the large waterfall Moss Scuttle. I'm not gonna lie to you fellas. I plan on lathering right inside of the scuttle. If it can hold the B&B it will hold the rest of my brushes and I'm sure it will be just as warm as leaving my brush in a soup bowl floating in the sink. If it doesn't work out and I need a lathering bowl, Sara told me that she measured the Ayars lathering bowl and the scuttle would fit right inside of it when they are not being used. But we'll see how that goes.

I am looking forward to receiving it although it will be about a month and I also asked Sara to put an inscription on the bottom wishing me a Happy Father's Day and my daughters' names and the date. Since this is a "gift" from my daughters to me, I figured they should personalize it. I'll post the pics when I get it!

2. xChris

xChris Member

I've used my Lg. Moss Scuttle to build lather in (I don't care if that's a "no-no"). The only concern is with a brush that is handle heavy, and may tip itself outover the lip. At least with the B&B, you can twist it a little to get it to support itself on the bristle/knot.

Nice idea with the inscription on the bottom. :happy096

3. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Interesting point Chris. I have had the same problem with my soup bowl. However, interestingly enough, I find myself moving in the direction of smaller brushes. I started out with the EJ BBB, which is a smaller brush. But the B&B brush, SR3226 and the C&E Super are pretty big brushes. I'm moving now towards knots of 22-23mm like the EJ Medium Silvertip, Simpson Duke 2 and I have a Trumper pure badger that is their traveling brush. These last three should have no trouble making lather in the scuttle. If it is, the kids can also get me the Ayars lather bowl for, uh... a Fourth of July present:

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Johnnie, Your children are very thoughtful ;)

--> Enjoy it! :happy088

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Happy Father's Day gift. :D

Note on Brush Size: I tend to use the smaller brushes at work since I use a 4" pet stainless water bowl.

6. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Johnnie...if yer needin' WHITE SOCKS & UNDERWEAR, I'd be glad'ta TRADE'YA KIDS for awhile as I sure am needin' some fancy dancy shaving stuff for sure !!!! Yer kidz were raised up right to be good "inscribers" mine are limited to inscribing JOCKEY