The Perfect Shave?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dave Paskowski, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

Well today was the day, I was going to have the perfect shave. So, I solicited the help of a few friends. The Arko shave stick, the #6 horse hair brush, Blue Lab and the nickel plated LC New. I was standing at the bathroom sink getting everything prepared. I looked into the mirror and saw the reflection of an old man where once stood a young man. The memories started flooding my infirm mind. The memory of being a newlywed gazing at my reflection and asking, why a beautiful woman would marry a mug like me? About three years into the marriage I found out. She was and still is flipping insane. Go figure it took three years. Love is truly blind. Back to the shave, I decided to use the Comprehensive Guide to Lathering soaps, creams, shavesticks in a bowl and on the face method of face lathering with a stick. For any new guys here's the link http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...soaps-creams-shavesticks-in-a-bowl-and-on-the. This is a must read. Soak the brush in hot water while opening the stick. Hot water splash leaving the face dripping wet, apply soap directly from stick to face making sure I went ATG. Squeezed brush but did not shake. Swirled brush on face and worked up a nice lather, then paint brush strokes for a total of three times each. . Then the LC New stepped up with a beautiful 3 pass shave. Was it the perfect shave? HeckNo!! A couple nicks and some razor burn, But it was a Darned Fine Shave! I did learned not to use as much pressure next time. Let the razor do the work. This one I will always remember as my first shave that didn't come out of a can.

PLANofMAN, Queen of Blades and Ryan B like this.
  2. Grick

Grick Active Member

Good on ya, mate. Just wait till you get your first DE shave with no nicks and cuts and bbs....