The Quest for the Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Shawna, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Beautiful baby....very well put....
    And BTW...your friends never get tired of hearing how happy you are about...whatever...Dig?

battle.munky likes this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Great article, Shawna! :happy096:

Most of my set-up is "Holy Grail" and has been for awhile now.
    one brush; Kent BLK4
    one razor; Gillette Long Handled Super Adjustable
    one blade; Sharps

software is where my variety lays.

I still try new razors and blades every now and then, and I even have other equipment that I hold on to for a reason.
    But I'm good.

Mechguy, Shawna and Sodapopjones like this.
  3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Way to go Shawna!

Too bad you had to go through so many years of agony. I'm glad you've got that behind you now.
    Since I don't have much to choose as yet (one razor, one Rolls since this week, one brush, one soap) I'll have to stick with battle.munky: traditional wet shaving is The Holy Grail to me.

As the variety of razors, brushes and soaps/creams will grow (and it will, one at a time) I guess I will find the best set-up later on. Now I'm just enjoying good traditional wet shaves.

Greetz, Mike

Shawna likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

WARNING: The following comment is a joke. Please take it only as a joke.

This thread is useless without pics.

The preceding comment was a joke.

Great article! (no joke)

Shawna likes this.
  5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

:happy088:

Those last three words are the sum total of the reasons to take up traditional wetshaving. It is good to have choices. If a product ever becomes unavailable, there will still be lots of others to choose from and we will remain a whole lot happier.

battle.munky likes this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Shawna, that is a great article. For me, it's so difficult to define my Holy Grail, because just when I think I found it, some other items come out and I try them, and I'm left still searching. :)

madmedic likes this.
  7. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I hear you and everyone else ... while I have found my razor ... blades have been narrowed down to a precious few ... soaps/creams are the wild card. There are so many good ones out there. Brushes; I have the ones I will be using for a long time to come. I have two Omega boars, a Sabi badger, a horse reknot and a synthetic reknot.

Definitely for me, the Holy Grail has been finding this passion we all call wet shaving! ;)

Mechguy and crackstar like this.
  8. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

i cant honestly say that i am searching for that one razor or brush or cream/soap that i love....i happen to love so much of them that i choose to keep a constant variety! great post by the way...i enjoyed reading that very much! its so cool to see a girls perspective on shaving

Shawna likes this.
  9. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

I like having several brushes for shaving. Personally, I have about 8 I use in rotation and another 2 that fit various brush tubes which I use for travel. The thing is I made these brushes so I really do have 1 custom brush...done 8 times.