The Real Shaving Co. Sensitive Skincare formula

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by Ursa, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Available at Rite-Aid pharmacies in the US, this is a terrific cream for the price. There's no menthol zing or exhilarating fragrance to be found here, but you do get an easy-to-use cream that consistently delivers excellent shaves.

Ease of lather: I tend to face-lather creams, and find that this is as foolproof as it gets. The directions on the tube caution against using too much, and they're right--a little of this goes a very long way! I get a consistent, perfect lather every time with little fuss or effort.

Life span of lather: Perfect lather from start to finish.

Moisturizing: Top notch--leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and well hydrated, as if I'd applied an after shave balm.

Lubrication: Very slick--makes for a quick, easy shave.

How protective?: Excellent protection against all types of irritation.

Scent: Best described as clean and inoffensive. The light fragrance is predominantly soapy and waxy with floral and citrus notes.

Price: At US$6.99 for a 150ml tube at my local Rite-Aid, it's a true bargain. I'd be willing to pay more for this great cream.

Would you buy again: YES!!! Though it lacks the Proraso menthol & eucalyptus zing that I love so much, I must admit I get better shaves from this great cream. And, it's so easy to use.

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Full Agreement Here!

This product really is a sleeper! Who would have thought you could get high-end English shaving cream at Rite Aid for such a bargain price?

3. reedsteed

reedsteed New Member

Tried this for the first time today. Purchased it at the local rite-aid for about $5. Good slippery stuff. Lathers very easily and produces a lot of lather. I think the medicinal smell is from the tea tree oil.

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This is a cream which I find to be so much like the Body Shop cream, with fantastic lather and skincare. However, the scent is contrary to my taste, and it is not cheap, so I don't think I would buy it again.

5. Will

Will Nevermind

For the price and something to be had locally, it is a no brainer on getting this stuff.

6. JimR

JimR Active Member

TRS=TBS?!?!

So I just used this cream for the second time, and I'm almos tcertain--This is identical to The Body Shop's cream. The scent is the same (perhaps a little weaker) the lather is the same, and the aftermath is the same. I'm LOVING this cream, just as I love TBS. Man...what a nice cream.

7. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

Very good, readily available and inexpensive.

I like Williams SS better, but this easy-to-find SC is very overlooked.