The road to victory. Fit to be fit.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 9, 2012.

1. dougkc

dougkc Member

Congrats Jody! I'll be following your progress so keep us posted!

You got this!

:git:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

You know what I think brother! Keep up the good work and positive mental attitude and if there is anything I can help you with or through, DO NOT hesitate to ask.

The force is strong in this one.

[​IMG]

alpla444 and IAmTheJody like this.
  3. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

That's great man! You're gonna do fantastic!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Nice!!

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Just a quick update on this since I was able to get weighed at the hospital before my hernia surgery yesterday... I've now lost 57 pounds! I've now made it from 402 pounds to 345! :git:

144 pounds to go to my goal!

PadreTex, supe, 5Savages and 9 others like this.
  6. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

Rockstar for sure!!! Keep up the hard work!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Congratulations Jody! :bounce017:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

But, remember....

[​IMG]

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Out-damn-standting!

Jody, I'm so proud of you my friend. Keep it up and you'll be at your target in no time.

Edit: I also found that The Biggest Loser is inspirational as hell. Give it a shot if you haven't already. It ain't easy but a lot of hard work and restraint will move mountains. You so rock dude!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Proud of you buddy. You got me feeling just a little bit motivated.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  11. IAmTheJody

I don't know what your habits are but even if you just do the basics I did - cut out fried foods, sugar and dairy - you'll see an improvment in no time as far as weight goes. And with that, comes more energy and easier to move around. I haven't eaten anything fried in 3 months now and haven't eaten anything with sugar other than what naturally is already in fruits. I use Splenda or Nutra-Sweet, natural fruit juice or fresh fruit to sweeten things such as oatmeal, raisin bran, etc. And I stopped drinking cow milk and replaced it with Almond milk. Can't really tell the difference but hardly no fat. Even skim milk has a lot of fat in it. I use the chocolate Almond milk as well. It's wonderful in my morning coffee and sweetens it without me having to add sugar or Splenda to it. Just try those 3 things and see what happens - nothing fried, no added sugar and no dairy. :)

Conrad1959, byrd and battle.munky like this.
  12. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Well I'm not too far from where I need to be, although I would be quite a bit healthier if I could shave 25 or 30 pounds. It has been about 7 years since I worked out on a regular basis and my biggest setback is a nasty smoking habit, and a love of craft beer. Lately I have been focusing on a natural diet, ie. cooking food at home without a whole lot of nasty stuff added. I got on a pretty decent workout routine last winter and followed it until it got stupid hot here in TX. I have been beating myself up for the last few weeks for being lazy and after reading your update (and finishing my snow cone) I put in a pretty good workout.

I am going to Maine for vacation next week where I plan to indulge in large amounts of both lobster and craft beer, but after I get back I will commit to a routine and post some updates here as well. Thanks for the motivation and good luck sir. (doesn't sound like you need it)

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. Hank

Hank Active Member

Way to go Jody I don't know you that well but I am very proud of you !!!!!!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My man Jody. It's a long and tough road and definitely not easy. However, I know you can do it and you have a whole community of people behind you on you journey. If I could I would go running or do a gym routine or something to help you out. If I'm ever in Mississippi, I'll be your workout partner for the time I'm there. Just keep your eye on the prize and you'll inspire a lot of people.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  15. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Kudos Man! Good luck on meeting your goal!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  16. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

17. IAmTheJody

10 more pounds gone! I now weigh 335! So I've lost 67 pounds so far in my journey from 402 to 200! Only 133 more to go! I used the doctor's scales when I went in for my hernia wound check-up appointment this morning.

I'll try and get a new picture up but just been so busy and laid up since having this hernia surgery back on July 26 (I think it was July 26 - the pain meds have made me forget a lot of things lately! lol). And he wants me to stay laid up as much as I can for the next week as well.

PadreTex, battle.munky, Smott and 3 others like this.
  18. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Great news Jody. Keep it up.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Great going on the weight and heal quickly..:happy088:

20. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

That is awesome, keep going you're doing great.

IAmTheJody likes this.