The road to victory. Fit to be fit.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 9, 2012.

1. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I have nothing but admiration for you, you have come so far already, I have no doubt in my mind that you will reach your goal, bravo jody.!!!!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Awesome, Jody! Keep it up!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great job Jody.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Just awesome how well you're progressing. Now, heal up from this surgery so you can get moving again :-D!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

:happy088: :happy088: :happy088:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. R33F

R33F Well-Known Member

Great goals you've set there Judy. You have already completed the hardest part of your journey (getting started).

How is the progress going ?

7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sorry I haven't been active much around here. Still recuperating from the hernia surgery. Obviously that's going slower than expected but each day is an improvement.

As of yesterday's post-hernia surgery doctor visit, I've now lost a total of 70 pounds. 130 to go to meet my goal!

8. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Great work mate!!!!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  9. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Fantastic news Jody, keep up the great work!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. Mark1966

hey, just realised the 'rules' of all shaving forums - pics or it didn't happen ;)

:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :signs136:

battle.munky likes this.
  11. IAmTheJody

They are coming. Just haven't been in a photo mood or appearance lately while trying to recover from surgery. lol

12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I for one, don't care to see a picture of two hairy feet and a scale. I'll take your word for it, Jody!

13. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

Way to go sir! You have my full support! You are starting off on the right track. Good luck.

I encourage everyone to watch this video series. There are 7 videos and the information is not what you would expect to hear. It truly is fascinating.

14. Mark1966

Umm, OK, yeah. On second thoughts :)

BUT KEEP GOING WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!

battle.munky and richgem like this.
  15. IAmTheJody

Released yesterday... Once again, Mississippi (my state) is #1 on a bad list... Most obese state in the union. 34.9% of our state is obese according to the new numbers by the Centers for Disease Control.

It's a fact: Poor people, eat poorly. This is why dollar menus at fast food restaurants and all-you-can-eat buffets everywhere else (Chinese restaurants, Mexican restaurants, home-style cooking like Ryan's and Golden Corral) are king in the South. Sadly. Who wouldn't go to, for example, Ryan's and eat all you can eat of fried chicken, fried fish, fried pork chops, veggies cooked with fat-back, desserts, etc. for $5.99? You can't buy it, take it home and cook it for $5.99. Sad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/obesity-rate-by-state_n_1774356.html

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Jody! Good to hear you're progressing so well.
    Stick with it.
    I'm still praying for quick recovery.

Mark1966 and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. IAmTheJody

18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

This might work as a weight loss plan for me. I don't think I could keep that food down.

My thing with Southern food is that when I can find something that isn't full of sugar or fried, it's typically really good. Now, I'm in the mood for sweet potato pie.

19. IAmTheJody

Sounds good but even that sweet potato pie is full of butter and dairy. That's just how we do things in the South. lol

I did cook a plant-based sweet potato lasagna and it was actually pretty tasty. All natural, no oils, no cheese.

Recipe here for anyone interested:
    http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetarianlasagnarecipes/r/engine2lasagna.htm

20. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I applaud you Jody for what you're doing. However I want to recommend that you seriously consider the amount of fat you may (or may not) be getting. Cutting out fat is bad. Butter is good & coconut oil is amazing. Take a look at the Weston A Price foundation website along with the book "Eat fat, lose fat". Our brains are primarily made of fat. So it's no wonder to me that as we cut fat out of our diets that we actually get dumber over the generations. I guarantee that the population of the world when America was being settled was more intelligent than we are today, despite the fact that we know more today.

Keep it up Jody and please get a good amount of healthy saturated fats.

Edit: Here's another excellent source of info from a Medical doc: Archevore

Norseman likes this.