The Rubberset twins

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by HoosierTrooper, Nov 17, 2013.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

A friend of my BIL collects mainly vintage pocketknives and fishing lures so sometimes he runs across lots of various items for sale. He recently sold me a box of stuff including some vintage injector blades and these two Rubberset brushes for $20.I took some before pictures but must have deleted them by mistake, but anyway, they both had identical black boar knots, one was usable but the other was really worn down.

Here they are with some cleaning and polishing, repainted letters and their new knots.I fitted the one on the left with a Whipped Dog 22mm synthetic and the other one is a TGN 22mm Omega knot with the black bucket removed.

This is my first WD synthetic and wow, it is fantastic! Every bit as good as the TGN synthetic performance wise, maybe even a little better, but I prefer the looks of the TGN.

[​IMG]

I think they make a good match to their cousin, which I fitted a while back with an Ace Shaving black badger. I know this style handle won't win any beauty contests but for me they are very ergonomic and functional brushes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Very nice set...Classy!! :happy088:

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Good work on the two!

4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Nice work!

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I have to admit those are almost my least favorite handles. I've walked past a million of them it seems. Having said that though, I really like the job you did on cleaning these ones up. If they would've looked like that I probably wouldn't have walked by them.

Again, awesome work my friend, awesome work.

6. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

As usual, excellent work!

The one on the right is particularly interesting to me...
    Perhaps if you were of a mind to, you could find a plastic sleeve of
    some sort that would slip over the bristles, friction fit to the upper portion
    of the handle and rest against the shoulder?
    What an excellent travel brush you would have!

7. KcHighLife

KcHighLife Well-Known Member

Great looking brushes as always Tom! I personally think that the handle you have the Black Badger knot is probably a year or two newer than the other two. Seems to be a little more ergonomic for grip. I always love your work, including your painting technique.

8. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

"Mechanical" handles.