The Schick Type F - Injector beauty

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Shall I start the bidding again?

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey, man, the last thing I wanted to do was ruin any plan for you...I just didn't want to see anything that wasn't in your's or that lovely razor's best interest come to pass....whew!

But if it will make you feel any better....Here's a new Corresponding Theme Song just for you...
    Two of them!!
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/corresponding-theme-song.46365/page-9

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Don't make me bring in the heavy artillery!
    :transport024:

4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah
    Yeah, they are not suitable for the F Type Sir....On the subject of blades Sir...I would make sure you haven't perhaps damaged your blade when loading the F Type...The reason I say this is because I ruined and or partly ruined 2 blades when I was loading mine...I spoke to Martin (Dodgy) about it and he said he has Dinged a few blades himself in this thing without knowing.....I almost threw mine away as I thought it wasn't up to much until I loaded one properly....Now the interesting thing is I am quite vigilant with these things and I did not notice when I was loading it and I am not looking forward to having to load it again....Another interesting thing is that Geofatboy got the same problem with his.....;)
    I would perhaps try another blade cause I find the Chick blade performs exceptionally well in these....:chores016:

Billy

Rufus T., Darkbulb and GDCarrington like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

According to Schick, the Twin blade types cannot be used in lever action razors. With the tolerances of the F Type being so tight I would not recommend using Twin injector blades in that one as well.

Darkbulb and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Billyfergie

I was forewarned that the F Type can be a bugger to load without damaging a blade and I thought that I was on the case....I put it down to a Dud blade at first then the second time I thought the F Type was just a Lemon of a razor after all the good stories I had heard about it...I was annoyed at this and decided to load yet another blade the next morning after a mediocre shave the previous day.....That's when the penny dropped as the thing turned into a Magic Wand....These were only made for a few months and I have always wondered if they were designed to use their own Injector Key as some of them don't fit flush against the razor as they should....;)
    That said the current Chinese Schick injector key does...:chores016:

Billy

Rufus T. and GDCarrington like this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Watch my snipe

Billyfergie and Rufus T. like this.
  8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpg
    What's he gonna do?

9. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Ummm. Not a good question but what type do you think Gillette Twinjector is?

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. Billyfergie

Twin Trac 11...There was only one Gillette Injector Sir....:chores016:

Billy

engrsaks, Rufus T. and Darkbulb like this.
  11. engrsaks

Oh I see, so the "type" given to the injector razors are based on the number of models? And more importantly, which Schick injector type razor can accept twin blades like Gillette's twinjector?

Billyfergie likes this.
  12. Billyfergie

The later Schick's after the G Type without the "Rinsing Handle Lever" or Hydro Magic Function as its often referred to will take Twin Injector Blades Sir..:chores016:

Billy

engrsaks likes this.
  13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Information about the different Schick injectors can be found here:
    http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

engrsaks and Billyfergie like this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Answer:

http://www.renaldo.us/SchickRazors.php
    True and that Gillette Injector razor was a prototype for the Trac II Cartridge Razor in shape and form with the cartridge head slide replacing the injector.

15. Billyfergie

16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Billyfergie and engrsaks like this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The Gillette Injector Razor is very mild in my opinion (even milder than the Schick J). This is one injector in my user rotation that gets the least amount of use for that reason.

Billyfergie and engrsaks like this.
  18. engrsaks

Well, I'm a fan of mild razors :) . With consistent use, mild razors don't build up irritation under my chin.

Billyfergie likes this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The Gillette Injector Razor classes up well with a vintage twin injector blade, but I think that only Schick makes a version now for sale in Japan. I have some and they are mild blades as well. I have used them in an L class and they were ususally mild. Not what I have experienced with the vintage Twin Injector blades. The combination of the Gillette Injector Razor and the current Schick Twin Blades would really be mild.

Billyfergie likes this.
  20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

BTW: The current made blades are hard to come by. I had to get them directly from Japan.

[​IMG]