The Search For The Perfect Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Sodapopjones, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Dean there is no doubt that the crystal is genuine, its the heaviest brush I have ever held by far; you could probably bludgeon someone to death with it....

tomnat likes this.
  2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

:happy102:

That is one gorgeous brush, Aaron. Are those the ends of the hairs coming down through the middle? That looks really nice. I hope it lives up to all it's potential and that the performance is equal to that of it's looks. Congratulations on acquiring a real work of art.

3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

with the price of it and how fantastic it looks i'd be getting some rubber floor tilles just in case:signs081: happens

4. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

I had a vintage ceramic handled brush once. :sad024: I reccommend standing on a queen sized matress while shaving. :D

5. Sodapopjones

It would appear so, the shape seems quite more bulbous than my other Omega's, which is fine by me its more like a Plisson in that respect.
    Hah no kidding, just lanoleum and a rug; I'm actually more worried about my feet than the brush.....

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Maybe you could make a brush koozie to help protect it and your feet.

tomnat and Sodapopjones like this.
  7. Sodapopjones

Haha, I like it!

:D

8. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I own four brushes, each one has it's own personality. Each one lathers slightly different, I enjoy each brush I have. I do not look for the perfect brush, rather the brush that will get the job done. I have nor purchased any high brushes nor do I intend to. Will I buy more brushes yes, simply to have a rotation of brushes to use.

Every product we use in wet shaving is a personal choice, what might work for me might not work for anyone else. The joy of wet shaving is using a variety of products for the morning ritual. I do not think the perfect product should be the goal, rather the product that works best for yourself.

Merry Christmas.

SharpSpine and Sodapopjones like this.
  9. Sodapopjones

Well, I saved the brush till Christmas Eve, and my mother unwrapped it for me, she almost gave me a heart attack when she just reached in and pulled it out by the tips of the bristle and just about dropped it haha....

Usage of the brush is probably the most comical experience I have ever dealt with, more so than any large brush I have.

The handle is so heavy, that when I soak the brush it collapses the bristles on themselves into the bottom of the mug, and while I'm at it the knot is huge; once the brush is loaded up it doesn't want to fit back in the mug to dip the tips.....

I don't think its a feasible option for many, I mean I even had to readjust my custom brush stand haha....

Here you can see it all loaded up with TOBS Almond and I really can't wait to see the bloom as its probably going to be massive; the tips seem whiter than my other Omega's too.
    IMGP0635.JPG

10. Sodapopjones

I'm Blind!

IMGP0647.JPG

SharpSpine, alpla444 and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Be careful Aaron, if you take up brush sniffing with that one, you might just suffocate by accident!

SharpSpine and Sodapopjones like this.
  12. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

very nice, pics looks stunning in sunlight.

13. Sodapopjones

Thanks Dean, the crystal comes to life with good lighting, I think my favorite part though is how white the tips are; whiter than all my other Omega's.

Just so you can see, its not just the sun but in my SOTD you can see it too..

sotd122511.jpg

SharpSpine and alpla444 like this.
  14. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

You should do a calender using your avater, just change it every month if you have enough brushes:happy097:

SharpSpine likes this.
  15. Sodapopjones

At the rate I'm going its gonna be nothing but Omega's...

My credibility is going down the tubes, I'm gonna be tagged the "Omega Fanboy" sigh.

SharpSpine and swarden43 like this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nah. I'm still coming to you if I have a brush question. Once a brushologist, always a brushologist!

Sodapopjones likes this.
  17. Sodapopjones

That's good to hear, thanks Steve! ;)

18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Looks like a 'White Christmas' at Aarons....Atta boy Aaron...I'm proud of you....Keeping a great tradition alive, of contributing to your shave cave during the holidays.....We might be grown but we still need a reason to lose sleep waiting for that special Christmas goodie...lol
    I was afraid from your original post that you were backing off from BAD......I glad I was wrong and congratulations on that beauty....She's certainly 'Centerfold' worthy....Next year you can put the Christmas tree lights on her and use her for the tree...lol.

Sodapopjones and GDCarrington like this.
  19. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Holy smokes! That is beautiful!

I would have to line my bathroom with bubble wrap to be sure it didn't break if it slipped out of my hands!!

How's the weight of it?

Sodapopjones likes this.
  20. Sodapopjones

Mike its extremely heavy, I should put it on a scale but its the heaviest brush I have ever held. Like I said, its so heavy that when I soak the brush in a mug it completely collapses the bristle; I can't even let it sit in a bowl or it will just fall into the lather.