The Search For The Perfect Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Sodapopjones, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Well reading through the whole thread I'm glad I'm not the only person who was mesmerized by the tips of that brush! It's a beauty but I'd be way too paranoid of that dropping or the kids getting a hold of it and shattering it...

Sodapopjones and GDCarrington like this.
  2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Or we do have access to at least some of the products and don't realize it. Brick-and-mortar gift and cutlery shops often stock some shave brushes. If there is an Art of Shaving nearby, they also carry some brushes. At the very least, handling one or more brushes can help a newly minted wetshaver clarify what he or she is looking for.

And even if you do find the perfect woman, she may not turn out to be what you imagined you wanted after all. The same can hold true for brushes. Regardless, if you find a really, really good brush, it will give decades of shaving uber-happiness. If one finds such a brush, what is the point of continuing the search for the "perfect" brush? Unless the search process is the point, it does not make much sense to expend a lot of effort and money for another brush that would be only a little bit better, might not exist, and might not be found even if it does exist. The same applies to women.

Then the journey had better be the goal or they risk arriving at their destination without realizing it. Perhaps it is just me, but constantly buying and selling brushes like that would drive me completely nuts.

If they find the really, really good brush makes their shaves fantastic, then that is their perfect brush. Sometimes "great" is the same as "perfect". Out of all the brushes you own, which one do you like the best? If it is outstanding, and using it will put a smile on your mug for the next 20 years or more, isn't that pretty darned close to perfection?

Out of all the things that have been said in this forum ever, that ranks right up there at the top in my humble opinion. It applies to so many things in wetshaving and to life in general. Thank you very much for that post.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Well, it feel off my brush stand and crashed into the back splash and left a small scratch that can only be seen at a certain angle; not saying this brush is indestructible but it breaking is the least of my worries.

Regarding perfection, whether or not its a women, brush or any other item, I believe its the human mechanism of acceptance and denial; people either want to believe there is more out there for them, or there is nothing left.

I personally can't say I have a favorite anymore, each brush for the most part has its own personality just like a person; nothing makes someone better or worse than the other unless your perception is skewed.

SharpSpine and alpla444 like this.
  4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the scratch. Maybe you should contact the Military to see if they can design a heavy-duty brush stand that can support that hefty sucka!

5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Brian its not that bad, its about the size of a pinhead on the edge of a facet, this brush is winding up like a brand new Jeep with a true Jeep'er; its being used!

I'm just going to let it dry upright, which I did a Sunday but I thought I would give the stand another go, its just too top heavy and there's not enough lip anywhere for it to hold onto.

IAmTheJody likes this.