The Semogue Family

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Johnny, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Here we have papa boar, mama boar, and three younger boars. I've been told mama boar is expecting either triplets or quadruplicates within the next several months. Everyone is healthy and they all have a full head of hair.

Photo1589.jpg

Photo1590.jpg

Turk, stonyloam, SharpSpine and 2 others like this.
  2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Beautiful Johnny! Are the new editions on their way going to be new models to try or back-ups?

If new models, then you may really be trying to get one of each model offered, huh? ;)

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Great family photo!

4. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I believe all babies will be different, but one never knows for sure. I understand papa boar and mama boar both have a twin, so I might have to adopt them into the family. :)

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

What no 2000?

Nice shot. Which is your favorite?

6. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I believe young 2000 is expected. :)

My favorites are the two SOC's, then the 1305, and the 1460 & 70 are equal. All great brushes.

7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

That's a great looking group, Johnny.

8. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I was informed that grandpa boar 2000 would be leaving the west coast this afternoon on his way to Wisconsin. I will get his room ready for his Friday arrival. :)

PanChango likes this.
  9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Very nice. Out of the 3 I have used(2000, SOC, & 1470), the 2000 is my favorite and gets more use than all of the others combined.

I liked it so much I purchased a second one. My first one has been losing some hairs, but I dont treat my brushes particularly well.

10. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I usually don't like real large brushes, but I've read good things about the 2000. If for some reason I don't like it, it may be taking a trip to Oh Little Town of Bethlehem. :)

11. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Nice looking set.

are the other kids excited about the pending addition of brother(s) and sister(s)?

12. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Oh yes, they get so excited they start to work up a lather.

DLP likes this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It's smaller than the Omega Pro brushes, but bigger than the Owner's Club. It isn't as stiff as the Owner's Club and works great with just about everything.

Once broken in, you won't want to use anything else.

14. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

You guys just made me order a Semogue (1438). It's not my fault, I don't know what happened, I was reading this thread and suddenly their was an order confirmation in the mail.

15. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I think you'll like it Joop! I'm currently breaking-in a 1438 and a 820. Do you plan on face lathering with it?

ajdhn likes this.
  16. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm already a little concerned about the upcoming bowl lathering week :)

17. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Based on my favorable experience with the Semogue 1250, and Johnny's enthusiasm for The Semogue Family, I placed an order this morning with Phil for a Semogue SOC with the cherry wood handle! :)

ajdhn and madmedic like this.
  18. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Beautiful shot Johnny! I ended up grabbing a Semogue a little while ago due to your reviews and have been more than happy with its performance. Does a better job than you'd expect with the small price tags they carry!

19. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I love my new 830!

20. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

So Johnny is the poster boy for Semogue!

wknicholas and SharpSpine like this.