The Shave Den Soaps - A Floral Roundup

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by soulshine, Mar 21, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

While not an expert with describing scents, this is my best attempt.

s~s

Rose Garden
    A straight forward single note rose scent – not artificial smelling in any way. This rose scent may have the slightest bit of a powdery finish. Not a sweet rose.

Lilac
    Traditional floral offering which is very Gentleman-like. This version is not “over the top” powdery scented like others I have sampled. Slightly sweet smelling.

Cherry Blossom
    One of my favorites! This is definitely a sweet blend of floral and cherry. This is not an artificial cherry scent like cough syrup. Patchouli is noted as an ingredient and/or scent but it is barley detectable. There is a very faint almond undertone, fruity greens, slight jasmine and rose. Very complex…..

Jasmine
    This is an essential oil offering. Sweet, richly floral…strongly scented. This is somewhat similar to lilac but less powdery.

Peony
    I like to think of this as an Oriental floral offering. This is very lightly scented, not sweet, very clean, and lightly powdery with light rose notes near the end.

Lily of the Valley
    This is another essential oil offering which is the least floral smelling of them all. It is very lightly scented & very clean. It is reminiscent of vintage soap bars.

Magnolia
    Light citrus and floral combined. There is the slightest bit of sweetness near the end. It is exactly the same as Magnolia trees which floral at the botanical gardens here in Wisconsin during the spring/early summer.

Gardenia
    This is the toughest for me to describe. This is another soft floral, a little light rose, a little bit of citrus, very warm – not overpowering.

Honeysuckle
    This is the lightest of all the floral offerings I have. This is slightly sweet; slightly powdery…I think it is the perfect introduction to a Gent trying floral soaps for the first time.

Violet
    This offering is not as sweet as QED’s Violetta. This is very reminiscent of violet candy but not quite as strong. Straight ahead violet – nothing else added.

Victorian Rose
    This is a blend of different rose & green scents. A definite shock to my nose as this followed my thoughts on violet. This is much stronger than the Rose Garden scent! No powdery notes, perhaps some very slight patchouli near the end.

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Thanks !

Its always interesting ( I mean that in a good way :D) to see others' descriptions of scents
    Nice.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks, s~s!

I'll try and integrate those descriptions into the store when I get a chance.

4. magic

magic New Member

Excellent descriptions

5. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

happy i could help!

i have been shaving with all these florals and find them to be excellent.

s~s