The Shave That Rocked My World

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Wishoot, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I've been operating under the premise that my best results come from a combination of:

Tabac
    Feathers
    Fat Boy (set at 3)
    Best Badger Brush

I couple of days ago, I was able to get my hands on a puck of Old Spice Soap and a pack of Astra Superior Platinum's (thanks Dr. Mike!). This morning, I went with the following:

Old Spice Soap
    Astra Superior Platinum
    TV Superspeed
    Omega Boar

HOLY COW! My world has been turned upside down. Today's shave was the absolute best I've ever had. Everything about the shave was superb; the lather, the scent, the razor glide, the results.

I may have finally discovered shaving bliss.

Anyone out there ever have a shaving epiphany?

2. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

It's hard to go wrong with Old Spice soap. I may even like it better than my Yardley Lavender soap. At any rate, they're in the same league.

As far as epiphanies, I'd have to say the first time I used a Wilkinson Light Brigade blade was a true eye-opener.

3. Sirshavesalot

Sirshavesalot New Member

First let me say congrads to you, finding shaving bliss is always amazing, to me though it never ends, many combinations out there provide heaven.

My old method was
    1. Marseille soap
    2. Edwin Jager 30mm Silvertip Badger
    3. Keihls preshave oil
    4. Merkur Futur
    5. Feather Hi blades
    6. Cryil Salter's Essential Lime or Sublime Citrus
    8. Pinaud's Lime Sec

now I've moved onto mixing scent and creams.

1. Edwin Jaeger 30mm Silver tip brush
    2. Feather Hi Blades
    3. TOB's Lemon Lime mixed with Vulfix's Sicilian lime or Cyril Salter's Essential Lime
    4. Keilhs pre shave oil
    5. Merkur Futur
    6. Ikea Remikin Shave bowl
    7. Steamy Shower
    8. Followed by Pinaud's Classic Clubman aftershave

Today though was not bliss I did the above except I used Merkur blades, ugh I'm at the end of the pack, the started out fine, but by the 3rd or 4th blade, its been rough central, tugging. So today's shave was a bit dodgy, but still nearly bbs.

cheers
    D