The Simpsons

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by The situational shaver, May 31, 2020.

1. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

I have been wet shaving for the last 20+ years, all the while using Williams puck soap in a Marvy mug
    with a boar brush. A few months ago, I got a Yaqi Barber Pole in 2 band badger.
    It was considerably superior to my boars (admittedly they were ‘cheap’ boars).
    Then I got a Simpson Colonel X2L in best. It was literally unbelievable. The best lather i’ve ever had.
    Now, I did put some Clubman tube lather on the ‘bloomed’ Williams puck, but, I did the same with
    the other brushes. If this is any indication of the difference between Simpson and all others, I now
    understand. Shaved with it today, unbelievable! What a brush! Can’t imagine using anything else.
    Does anyone else notice this?

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Welcome to the world of short lofted badger brushes. There's a whole new realm of brushes for you to explore.

Edit: Simpson's are good brushes, and they literally make a brush for every preference. They also suck big :angry019::angry019: and:angry019: at describing them in a way that an average person would understand. Face feel, backbone, etc.

My first experience with a badger brush was a floppy vintage Geo F. Trumper's brush (made by Rooney or Simpson). Horrible. I didn't touch a badger again for five years. Ended up buying a small 2 band badger for $25 from New Forest's going out of business sale. One of the best shaving related purchases I've ever made. It changed my perspective on badger 180°.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    mvd likes this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have a number of Simpson brushes in best and super. All of them have been winners for me.

Enrico likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My first experience with one was a Berkeley B46 from a box pass around. I was excited to see that the previous contributor had added this to the box, so when it arrived it was the first thing I tried and really enjoyed . Needless to say it has found a new home at my den.

For it's size its a great brush and has really increase my interest in the Simpson brushes.

Will it change your world and make you better looking ..... probably more than a jelly doughnut. :D

:eatdrink013: