The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Aftershave can be made up on the spot. It's the soaps that take time as they have to cure for a while before they are ready.

Paul Turner and Matt0210 like this.
  2. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

Another way to look at it is if it's not a best seller it'll be fresh. I wonder if it has an effect on shipping time.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Chris, good to know. Is there a list of his bestsellers somewhere on his website?

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

No. If it isn't in stock it isn't listed. I believe he was referring to products that have been temporarily sidelined, or requests.

He couldn't or wouldn't list (soaps especially) something not in stock, because then not only would he have to batch it, but it would have to cure. Even the aftershaves have to cure out, and I have never seen an order take any more than the usual couple days to get shipped out. That, and he is always telling us on his Facebook page when stuff is ready to go.

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. PickledNorthern

He did say the aftershaves have to sit before he bottles them. For how long I don't know.

Matt0210, cmorris357 and Robyflexx like this.
  6. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

If you look near the top right of any product page you can see they are listed by featured items. You can click on this and change it to best selling and they will be listed in order from most to least popular.
    image.png

7. PickledNorthern

I wouldn't even think of it.

The only time I have ever seen or heard of an order taking any unusual amount of time is when he and Mandy take time away from the shop for whatever reason.

I guess that, and when he has a big release, like seasonals AND a new brush, sometimes they get flooded, but I have never waited more than an extra day-ish for that.

crackstar, Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

You've got a point.

9. PickledNorthern

Wow. I have never noticed that before. Thanks. You would think with all the orders I have made.....

Matt0210, Robyflexx and cmorris357 like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Ahh, I'll just put in my order when the time comes, and see what happens on the ship time. I have good enough "backup". But this is good info to know(soap curing, etc).

Matt0210 likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Well, I did the check, and it appears from all we've been talkinabout here(and Rod's video), I might have a better chance getting my top choice, than my second. I'm keeping the name private for now, as this is an ongoing investigation. :)

12. Paul Turner

might not be as lucky in the matching shave-soap area. For now.

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Same here, buddy. I personally told him on the phone he needs a longer period of time off. :) I've never met a vendor with better customer service than his. Never!

14. PickledNorthern

I really think you are maybe wondering a nothing into a something. I have never heard of him listing something that isn't in stock, and I have never heard of people having some tuned up wait time because they ordered a less than top seller.

Why don't you just ask him?

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I might, but I also believe you're right, as I read the comments on the issue here.

16. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I would love to have them!!

PLAla, dustmite and Robyflexx like this.
  17. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

Island man is in my top 3...

Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  18. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

I cannot believe I've got 20 Stirling shaving soaps and I LOVE IT :happy088:;):) Stirling you :git:my world like crazy [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  19. Paul Turner

Very nice facial feel after day 1 of my aftershave sample trials :). It's hard to see when I am near the end of each sample though-maybe I'll just give it 2 shaves each and toss em out. Or 3 if it feels like there's some left. Today was Sharp Dressed Man.

20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Okay, I'd like the opinion of you Stirling experts!

I'm looking for a Stirling aftershave scent that is a good all-around, basic, easy-to-match fragrance. The aftershaves I've tried from Rod are excellent. I have Barbershop (which isn't necessarily my favorite scent) and I've used Ozark Mountain (which I loved). So I know that the qualities of the aftershave are what I like. But, I'm looking for a scent that might be an everyday type of scent. What might you guys recommend?

Also, have any of you used their lip balm or body butter?

Thanks!

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.