The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yesterday I was talkinabout the Christmas goodies Doc Ezlovan wrote about in his e-mail to subscribers. If I decide on that brush he just put on sale, I suppose I'll have to add that to my Stoylin pre-NB18 package.

Linuxguile, Yehuda D and LOOT like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Talking about Stirling brushes I'd definitely like to get myself another 26mm synthetic.

3. Paul Turner

The one I noticed is a bit shorter than that, but still looks good.

Yehuda D and LOOT like this.
  4. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

If you are prepping for NB18 by gobbling stuff up in 17...what is the net? Is it a feel good gesture?

No judging, simply asking an honest question. I'm genuinely curious about the motivation and execution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and Yehuda D like this.
  5. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I have the 26x58 ivory badger...it is massive. I love the thing. I've yet to be bitten by the high $$$ brush bug. I just am not sure a $200 brush could perform much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Paul Turner

If I don't prepare before 1/1/18, it doesn't work. I've never done a "NB" before, so I thought I'd jump in and test my will-power (as others have theirs).

LOOT and Yehuda D like this.
  7. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

IMG_1931.JPG

Weekend In Malibu was a nice way to end a nice Weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I had the same thought! LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  9. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I think a few new CT suggestions may still be in order. If I may be so bold...
    Literal Soap Lover
    Glacial Shrinkage Expert
    C’mon, try it...even if @Queen of Blades doesn’t use them, they’re still fun!

Linuxguile, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Okay, I’m in for a couple. How about Shave Soap Seducer? Stirling Seduction Artist? Glacial Groper? Lather Luster? ROTFL.

11. Yehuda D

I keep saying how I wish I could get my mitts on the Glacial and some of the other aftershaves!

Linuxguile and PickledNorthern like this.
  12. Paul Turner

I thought you HAD some already. Just the soaps then, eh?

13. Yehuda D

I have a couple of witch hazels and balms - that's it.

14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Paul Turner, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  15. Yehuda D

16. Paul Turner

Look for me to make this a Stoylin week if the weather is as predicted. Sandpiper A.S. tomorrow, Barbershop soap for 2 or 3 days(with Clubman A.S.)

17. anaconda44

anaconda44 Member

I've actually gone in the opposite direction regarding shaving brushes and have bought a few boars lately. Omega and Semogue make excellent boar brushes that are very budget friendly, but do require some time and effort to "break in."

I find that quality boar brushes actually perform better for me than many high-priced badger brushes because they have a far better backbone and aren't nearly as floppy. My last 3 boar brushes (Omega Pro 48, Omega 11126, and Semogue Owner's Club) cost me a grand total of $65 whereas my badger brushes cost significantly more and don't perform as well.

I never thought I'd be one of those traditional wet shavers that had a "rotation" of different razors, brushes, shave soaps/creams, and aftershave splashes/balms in a given week, but there are so many great products out on the market these days that acquiring said products has become strangely addictive.

jason koonce and jtspartan like this.
  18. SharptoothC

I'm gonna go with...Stirlinguist.

19. Yehuda D

I swear, if this shave was any colder I'd get freezer burn. The Glacial Wintergreen trio was so frigid, and a couple of dabs of the Arctique nearly took my face off! (in a nice way!)

jason koonce, Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  20. SharptoothC

Iced Pineapple today. Never let's me down. It pairs really well with Armaf Club De Nuit Intense.

Yehuda D, PLAla and Linuxguile like this.