The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

aww, shucks

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and Yehuda D like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

:cool:

Paul Turner and Linuxguile like this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Just got home to a Stirling package. Baker Street is on deck for tomorrow! This one is in the running for my top Stirling pick for sure...

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sandpiper up for tomorrow's A.S.

PLAla likes this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have used the sample deodorant included with my last order for several days, and I would give it a thumbs up. Just for a little background, I consider myself to need a fairly strong deodorant, I have gone through plenty of natural ones in the past, and always returned to typical store bought types as the natural ones don't seem to work for me. I did find that IB put one out that seemed pretty good, but for various reasons I gave up on this one as well.

The Stirling tester I was sent was the Barbershop scent, so if you the scent of the shave or bath soap, this won't disappoint. It is strongly scented, and I can smell it throughout the next day, even the next morning. I do not believe anyone else can smell it, at least my wife hasn't commented on it. I have not had any drying or rash type issues, which have been a problem for some natural deodorants for me in the past. It is not the warmest time of year, but I have used this for some moderate work outs, and it dies seem to hold up. If I really smell, I can get a little BO at the end of the day underneath the Barbershop scent, but once again, I don't think this is noticeable to other people. In reality this seems to work well. I would be curious to see how it does in August in SE Texas, but I have some hope it will do well.

Hope this helps the few people who were interested in this product when it officially comes out. I would like to see what other scents are introduced at that time.

ezlovan, LOOT, Bobcat and 5 others like this.
  6. Yehuda D

I wonder if Rod would be able to send deodorants like that to Canada.

ezlovan, Norcalnewb and PLAla like this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I don't see why not. It isn't like the AS. I am just waiting for it to hit his store officially.

Linuxguile, Yehuda D and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  8. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Love my new brush that just arrived this week .. Rod also included a soap sample as well.

PicsArt_11-17-08.42.17.jpg

9. Yehuda D

I really enjoyed the Gin & Tonic on the Rocks this morning and got a perfect three pass BBS shave. Although it doesn't have an off-the-charts freezing effect like the Glacials, it's still very cooling. The scent is also fabulous. Tomorrow I'll kick the menthol up a couple of levels with the Frozen Tundra!

10. Paul Turner

Believe it or not, I was tempted to use Glacial Wintergreen soap tomorrow, to help fight off the sudden temp. rise, but it goes back down the next day. I do expect to continue with the Sandpiper w/Menthol A.S. though.

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Really nice shave today. LOVE the Sandpiper scent.

[​IMG]

Paul Turner, ezlovan, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  12. Yehuda D

This morning is a bit too chilly for a Glacial soap but the GTOTR has the perfect amount of menthol. Not frigid, but not mild either. It's like the regular MITA.

ezlovan, Linuxguile and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  13. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

now we're talking lol

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Does anyone know if the handles on the boar and the B&W synthetic are identical, or is there a color difference?

ezlovan likes this.
  15. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they are identical handles just different knots, you could email Rod at Stirling to verify

ezlovan and PickledNorthern like this.
  16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Thanks. They looked the same, I was just wondering (hoping) if the lettering was a different color.

17. Yehuda D

We sure are!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Y'know, I thought about choosing Sandpiper for my A.S./Soap combo for the Stoylin NB18 edition, but I'd have ended up with the same problem I now face with WSP Sandalwood-the A.S. will be gone long before the soap.

cliffb599, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  19. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

The wife just order the Christmas Eve soap and Balm & Frankincense & Myrh soap for my son and I to try out. Then she ordered a bar of soap of each for her and my daughter to try and also a Pumpkin Spice body butter or lotion I believe for my daughter. I have no idea what to even expect on the F&M soap scent though, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Jim99, SmokeShowing and 2 others like this.
  20. Yehuda D

Did that Frozen Tundra ever freeze me good. Glacial Wintergreen for tomorrow being Menthol Monday - the whole trio!