The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I had to look that up but it looks like that was a 2007 study was written about three specific cases with children 4-7 years old. As long and widely used as lavender has been - side effects have been pretty uncommon.
    Here's a study that addresses it.
    https://naha.org/naha-blog/neither-...ee-oil-can-be-linked-to-breast-growth-in-you/

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

My wife likes both Mountain Man and Sharp Dressed Man. I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite of the two. Lucky I don't have to!

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

a win-win for you :)

4. Paul Turner

my apologies, that was meant for someone else.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It's all good, Mister.

PLAla and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Paul Turner

with those bifocals, it MUST be :)

7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

You are right - most of the studies showed the effects were primarily in young boys. The effects dissipate quickly when use of the lavender product ceases. Many of the studies conflict with each other. I was just trying to get a rise out of PickledNorthern.:)

8. Paul Turner

well, I sent in my "review" to Rod-a bit early as I haven't done all my samples yet. I have 4, tried 2(so far). 2 outta 4 ain't bad.

crackstar likes this.
  9. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Thought I'd report back after ordering some samples and give just my and my wife's opinion on the samples I ordered. Shipping and service were excellent.

Executive Man (crisp, clean and a little cologne like) and Stirling Gentleman (very unique fantastic smell of vanilla, manliness) smell awesome, definitely look forward to using these to work up a lather and shave.
    Electric Sheep is as advertised and while the scent grew on me as I used it in a shave, the wife disapproved and so it will be used only on occasion.

Ozark Mountain smelled a little strong with the pine for my nose but if you like that scent It will be a good choice.
    Finally I decided to get the Bargomot Lavender out of curiosity and just isnt my thing.

Will absolutely be looking at ordering more samples in the coming days and probably some full size pucks of the Executive Man and Stirling Gentleman.

The Shave with the Sheep has left my face very smooth and just healthy feeling which I really do appreciate.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I sampled Mountain Man aftershave this morning. Crisp, clean, and light scent with a cologne touch. It's modeled after a Creed cologne, so that makes sense. I usually mix in aftershave with witch hazel to save a step as well as mitigate most scents. I enjoyed Mountain Man a lot!

dustmite and Paul Turner like this.
  11. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Rod's Splashes already contain witch hazel, so you don't need to add more unless you feel compelled.

Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Coming soon!!!

IMG_20170116_172852.jpg

Paul Turner and dustmite like this.
  13. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

Funny I just came here to post that. I went and read the old scent description of baker street and they refer to it as being based on Sherlock Holmes. I wonder if it smells anything like the chiseled face "Sherlock" I'm definitely jumping on the Orange Chill balm and a few others I don't have yet.

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I still have yet to buy the Sharp Dressed Man soap although in a way I already have it because the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo has the same, exact scent! :happy005:

Paul Turner and dustmite like this.
  15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

16. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Eskimo Tuxedo is definitely going to have a spot in my den once the weather warms up!

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Rod's releases are going to be the toughest test for me in this NB 17. I have been waiting for a year for this espresso soap.

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm warning you - it's COLDER than hell! ;)

dustmite and PickledNorthern like this.
  19. Paul Turner

well, I believe I have one more day of use for the Sharp Dressed Man sampler, then onto the next one. A real smooth facial feel today!

20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

My recent order of soaps included SDM. Have not tried it yet. Maybe tomorrow's shave. Really like Executive Man - so I expect I will have similar results with SDM.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017