The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Today’s shave was a SLOC loaded with an Astra, and MITA applied with the Lil’ Brudder.

The SLOC didn’t deliver the smooth happiness I get from other razors, but I’m on a mission to empty the ten in rotation and the SLOC is #9. In spite of some blade chatter, the soap was as awesome as always and protected my mug. The smell is fantastic and the chill was at just the right level for my mood.

I finished the ride with a healthy splash of MITA witch hazel and Aloe. The chill came on as a burn first, and I loved it.

As long as Stirling makes MITA, it’ll be one of my primary summer soaps.

2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I'll be Sandpipering off to work with Stirling Sandpiper SS & AS

Yehuda D, Frijolero and john zeiger like this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I Pulled out the scots pine sheep today. It's been a while. Chased it with Krampert's frostbite aftershave.

4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I showered just before with the Glacial Spearmint bath soap. The freeze from it lasts a good while.

5. Yehuda D

Damn, why didn't I use a Glacial soap this morning? It's gonna be pretty warm today - mind you the Obsidian balm felt nice and icy!

6. Edison Carter

Port Au Prince SS & AS yesterday. I'm cutting this flavor from the Max Headroom lineup. The vetiver hangs on all day, but I'm not a vetiver fan.

Going for Dunshire SS & AS TODAY for a recovery.

I wanna grab some of the Stirling For Him that's on sale. Hope I'm not waiting too long for our Glacial Lemony Orange batch.

PLAla, Frijolero and john zeiger like this.
  7. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

It's been just over a month. Anyone know what the cure time is for their soaps?

Edison Carter likes this.
  8. Yehuda D

The Glacial soaps require a longer cure time than the others.

Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Talking about the Glacials I had an awesome freezing-cold shave with the Obsidian soap. The matching balm and the Snake Bite splash prolonged the freeze beautifully!

Frijolero, Edison Carter and PLAla like this.
  10. Latherin’ Luddite

I’m not a vetiver fan either. I was never sure just what part of the scent profile vetiver was until I bought a couple bottles of vetiver AS............now I know...........and it’s not my thing.

I’m sitting on a list of soaps and balms until Lemony Orange is ready. Then I can pounce with speedy accuracy.;)

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Vetiver...

It’s what the hot patchouli girls want their guys to smell like.

[​IMG]

“EarthRut 2018”

12. Latherin’ Luddite

I wasn’t aware that it’s a scent response to the other scent I really don’t like!

I can’t help a little self evaluation when faced with a scenario involving a pretty hippy chick though. I’ll just pretend she’d respond even faster if I was wearing Skin Bracer and a hickory shirt. My fantasy, enjoyed my way. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

LOL.

When it’s a chick like Grace Potter, you can adjust the scent to fit the fantasy....

14. Edison Carter

Last one there is a rotten egg!
    :happy088:

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

First shave with Stirling Spice was nice. Great lather and scent.

16. Yehuda D

A shave from Paradise with my Glacial MITA and a great icy finish from the Glacial Unscented balm as well as the Arctique!

17. Yehuda D

I feel like I've neglected the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo so I'll go with that one tomorrow.

18. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Just tried the Scots Pine Sheep shave soap yesterday and it's out of this world. :D

Frijolero and PickledNorthern like this.
  19. Yehuda D

I'll be glacializing myself again for tomorrow. Glacial Black Cherry's on tap!

Frijolero likes this.
  20. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

My Dad really liked the Shulton formulation of Old Spice and if he were still living he would be using the Stirling Spice Soap, and Aftershave. Mom and I always got him a gift set on Fathers Day, and he alway's had a large bottle of the aftershave in the bathroom. Being that it's Fathers Day I'm going to dedicate my Sunday afternoon shave to my Dad and repeat yesterday's shave.

Clayton[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk