The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Yesterday:

[​IMG]

Best. Soap. Ever.

2. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to put a sample of this on my next order. How does it compare to the Mitchell's Woolfat Shaving Soap?.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Edison Carter likes this.
  3. PickledNorthern

I couldn’t tell you, but @PLAla can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yehuda D, Edison Carter and PLAla like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I love The Fat, but haven’t tried Elevtric Sheep yet, so I can’t compare the two. I did try Scots Pine Sheep in a soap sample once. Really loved it. Wonderful, slick, and nourishing lather. Upon reflection it was the Scots Pine was similar in feel to The Fat.

One of these days I need to try Electric Sheep.

5. PickledNorthern

Didn’t you have a sample of it, and you covered it with haz mat stickers and sent it to me cause the smell was so strong?

6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Stirling is much easier to lather in my opinion. Similar post shave feel between them.

7. PLAla

Yep! But it was a sample of the bath soap. You could smell it through the box. I had some things ready to send to you anyway, so that sample made it move quickly to Minnesota!

8. PickledNorthern

I’m thinking this one is sort of like The Veg, and it hasn’t chosen you.

9. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I recieved my sample pack from Rod and the gang at Stirling yesterday and I'm really looking forward to using it. Here's what I got.

Bay Rum SS -2
    Sandalwood SS -2
    Stirling Spice SS -2

Aftershave Sampler 4-pack.
    Bay Rum
    Sandpiper
    Sandalwood
    Stirling Spice

To top it off I also recieved a generous sample of the Barbershop Bath Soap, and a very nice thank you for my order. It just doesn't get any better than that. So in honor of my Father on Father's Day I am going to repeat my shave from yesterday tonight now that my Stirling Spice has been replenished. My Dad really liked Old Spice.

Clayton[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Glacial Spearmint bath soap felt like heaven this morning and so did the Glacial Black Cherry while I was shaving!

11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Monday, SOTD
    June 18, 2018

Wolfman WR1-OC with Darwin Ti
    Feather HS
    Oscar 11 w TGN Finest
    Stirling Soap Co Iced Pineapple Soap & AS
    Creed Aventus

[​IMG]

12. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Question for the group; in some photos and online the aftershave splash is featured in the dark brown i believe plastic bottle, however in other photos like the one above it appears to be in a nicer glass clear bottle. Why the difference?

PLAla, Frijolero, john zeiger and 2 others like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

The dark brown bottle is the older style, and it is glass. The clear bottle is newish and was introduced with the spring release.

PLAla, Frijolero and john zeiger like this.
  14. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

There may have been supply issues. I like the clear flask type better. Hope they stay with it.

15. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Thank you!

16. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Today was cold, cloudy, and wet in places. Definitely NOT June weather around here. Tonight's shave didn't warrant any menthol, but I didn't want to dig out my fall/winter scents, so Sandpiper seemed like a logical choice.

I broke in my new Chubby 2 Synthetic that I received for Father's Day, and built plenty of lather for a three pass shave with my Game Changer. Even though I'm only watching TV before bed, I couldn't stop myself from using a little Glacial Sandpiper AS too. Talk about all dressed up with nowhere to go. :D

17. PickledNorthern

It’s just “generational” changes. The new clear flasks are (I believe) the fifth different bottle, in either color or design.

*Edit - I looked at an old photo, and I was mistaken. The clear flask is the fourth bottle I know of. The brown medicine bottle has had two series of labels. The round ones came in brown and green glass.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  18. PLAla

Used Glacial Lemon Chill soap and splash this morning. Love it!

19. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday SOTD
    June 20, 2018

OneBlade Genesis V1
    Feather FHS-10
    PAA 400 with Envy White Two Band
    Stirling Soap Co. Orange Chill Soap & AS
    Terre D'Hermes

[​IMG]

20. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Iced Pineapple soap and A/S splash for me this morning. Ah how refreshing!