The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Gin+Tonic on the Rocks for me tomorrow. How can I neglect such a lovely soap?

2. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

It’s been MITA for me the last two days, and it’s hard to imagine anything better. I have G&T, and wish I’d known to order the Rocks version at the time.

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

MITA regular and Glacial are both fantastic. IMHO I need them in my rotation at all times. The G+TOTR is also magnificent. The scent is so lovely and refreshing, the lather explodes off the brush, and the menthol effect is stronger than what I first expected - in fact it's pretty strong. The skincare is A-1!

4. Latherin’ Luddite

It’s on my alternate list for my next order. As the wait continues for Lemony Orange.;)

5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I did the glacial lemon chill soap and splash this morning.

s716731260971038266_p72_i14_w1901.jpeg

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi guys-back home and in the Stoylin Exchange! In Colorado, I got a pretty close idea of what Coniferous and Scotch Pine is like, as my nephew had a pine-scented cologne(but from another company).

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Me too! Love that scent!

SOTD 6-24-18.JPG

8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I haven't tried either of those yet, but I do have Ozark Mountain. A sweet and gentle pine/evergreen scent. Nice to shave with. Not sure if an AS is in the cards for me though.

9. Paul Turner

Reminder-10 days to go before I announce nomination #2 for the Stoylin Tony Awards.

10. Latherin’ Luddite

Ozark Mountain soap is on my Forever Roster, so I’m going to try the AS on my next order. Wrong time of year for the scent, but I’m close to being done ordering for quite a while.

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

The Ozark Mountain AS is a powerhouse. I love the soap, and it is one I will own for as long as I am able, but I PIFfed the AS. It was just too much.

12. Paul Turner

I wonder how many of us Stoylin lovers use an unscented soap with a favorite A.S. just for the reason you mention(reducing the "too much).

13. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

IMG_0469.jpg

Unfortunately I have been in the hospital for three weeks. We celebrated Father's day today and I scored big time. My wife and kids spoil me too much! (Also got me the Timeless bronze razor. ) Soooooo blessed and thankful.

14. Latherin’ Luddite

Thanks for the report. I can divert those funds elsewhere.

15. Edison Carter

Glad you are out of the hospital.

The Stirling Soap Fairy has gifted you with 'glorious stanks' for sure.

I'm looking forward to your opinion on City Slicker.
    Be well!

16. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Thank you for the well wishes. City Slicker is a strong scented cologne type smell. I haven't shaved with it yet but I just had to put on the AS. WOW! No reason to believe that the ss won't perform well. Stirling for him is much milder and soft. (Reminds me of an old Avon powder my mom used to make me wear.) Not bad though. I hope this helps

Frijolero, PLAla, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  17. Edison Carter

Thank you. I have some 'Stirling for Him' on the way, but was curious about City Slicker.

18. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Glad you are out of the hospital. I hope the recovery continues well.

19. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I second Norcalnewb and others Shadow Shaver. Very best wishes on your recovery. You have a great attitude!

20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I've been on a roll and haven't used any other brand or anything without menthol since before Memorial Day.

Today was Orange Chill and matching ASB.